To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Derby Library
Division: Interlibrary Loan and Cataloging - Library
Job Title: Part Time Interlibrary Loan and Cataloging Assistant
Salary: $11.04 Hourly
DERBY PUBLIC LIBRARY
PART TIME INTERLIBRARY LOAN AND CATALOGING LIBRARY ASSISTANT
Department: Interlibrary Loan and Cataloging
Reports to: Interlibrary Loan and Cataloging Coordinator
Work Classification: Part-time, Non-exempt, Hourly, Sick Leave, Vacation, Holiday, Retirement Benefits if regularly scheduled 20 hours or more per week.
Processes new library materials and maintains the existing collection. Assists with Interlibrary Loan services.
Work hours will be determined on an ongoing basis. Because the Library is in operation 66 hours per week, 7 days a week, scheduling flexibility is necessary. No specific schedule is guaranteed for this position.
- Prepares print and non-print materials, including cases when necessary.
- Prepares and attaches library labels.
- Attaches material covers as needed.
- Repairs items as needed.
- Assists with the opening, sorting and distribution of deliveries.
- Processes interlibrary loan materials.
- Locates and sends materials requested from other libraries.
- Conducts online searches for requested materials.
- Assists with the maintenance of catalog records as assigned.
- Assists with the withdrawal of items from electronic catalogs.
- May fill in as needed or as assigned in the Public Services Department.
- May be expected to participate in library special events requiring evening and/or weekend hours.
- Responsible for maintenance of donated items, including decision-making regarding the inclusion of items in the collection.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills or expertise required:
Knowledge of basic library operations.
Good organization skills, especially attention to small details.
Strong decision-making skills.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
Ability to use sound judgment and problem solving skills.
Ability to work well with the general public.
Strong commitment to customer service.
Ability to be adaptable to change with a positive attitude.
Ability to establish professional interactions with co-workers.
Must have high school diploma or equivalency.
Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written format.
Must be able to reach, bend, lift, stoop or squat to place library materials on shelves.
Must be able to push a fully loaded cart that may weigh up to 250 pounds.
Must be able to use manually operated equipment.
Experience working in a library.
Customer service experience.
6/4/2018 12:00:00 AM
6/19/2018 11:59:59 PM