To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Geary County
Division: Public Works
Job Title: Building Maintenance Supervisor
Salary: $20.34 Hourly
GEARY COUNTYJOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Building Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA: Non-Exempt Salary Range: 22 $20.34/hr.
Reports To: Public Works Administrator
Department: Public Works Department Date: June 2018
The job duties of the Building Maintenance Supervisor include but are not limited to assist in the planning, directing, organizing and coordinating activities of the department; to coordinate and perform repairs on county owned buildings, grounds and county-owned properties; and to provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to County residents and the general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties described below are indicative of what the Building Maintenance Supervisor might be asked to perform. This job description is to incorporate any County resolutions for the position of Building Maintenance Supervisor. This position description is not designed to list all tasks and responsibilities of this position. Geary County reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need may arise. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Prepare building contracts (janitorial, pest control, HVAC Preventative Maintenance, etc.)
- Administer snow and ice removal contracts of county buildings and lawn maintenance contracts for county buildings.
- Assure that contracted obligations are fulfilled by all providers.
- Review and approve purchases for repair and maintenance to county owned buildings by coordinating appropriate approval from department, Public Works Director, and/or Deputy County Clerk.
- Move furniture, equipment, large-volume records around, among and between offices and storage facilities.
- Supervise contracted maintenance and contracted repairs to county owned buildings.
- Operate heavy equipment as needed.
- Plan, direct, coordinate work activities of subordinates and review work.
- Assist with employee training and safety programs.
- Interview candidates for positions with building and grounds maintenance.
- Assist in building and ground maintenance activities such as general repairs, lawn mowing, painting, etc.
- Assist in snow and ice removal for all county owned building, grounds, parking lots and sidewalks.
- Assign tasks and review work.
- Recommend employee transfers, promotions, disciplinary action, discharge and salary increases.
- Prepare reports and paperwork on work performed.
- Ensure that all safety procedures are met and carried out.
- Prioritize and plan for building and ground maintenance activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required at the time of hire or for the continuation of employment.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Three (3) years of experience required in general maintenance, heating, ventilation, air condition, or general construction.
- Two (2) years supervisory experience.
- A current Kansas class C driver’s license. Must obtain and maintain a Kansas class B CDL within 60 days of employment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of principles and practices of building maintenance including heating, air conditioning, ventilation, electrical, plumbing and general construction and building custodial.
- Knowledge of building trades, repair, maintenance and construction.
- Ability to interpret technical data and contractor documents, and contract for service.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with the public.
- Ability to take control of situations in a responsible manner.
- Ability to interpret and implement local policies and procedures; written instructions, general correspondence, Federal, State, and local regulations, SDS, safety manuals, operating and repair manuals, warning labels, etc.
EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Ability to operate various types of office equipment – standard office equipment, computer and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software, etc.
- Other equipment could be required.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional and friendly manner with customers, citizens, co-workers and management.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to communicate information and teach and train others regarding policies and processes in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to respond to complaints and grievances posed by the public.
- Ability to define problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to think quickly, maintain self-control, and adapt to stressful situations.
- Ability to use good judgment and effectively solve problems.
PHYSICAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical and work environments described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- The duties of this job include physical activities such as stooping, kneeling, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and/or move (up to 75 pounds), grasping, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, and repetitive motions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Works in both an indoor setting as well as outdoors.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather when required.
- Due to the volume, scope, size of staff and nature of public service this office provides, full-time regular attendance is essential.
_____________________________ __________ _______________________ __________
Supervisor Date Department Head Date
Human Resources Director Date
EMPLOYEE REVIEW: I have read the above, and understand that it is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for performing this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. I have been given a copy of this description.
_______________________________ ___________ _____________________________________
Incumbent’s Signature Date Incumbent’s name printed
6/7/2018 12:00:00 AM