Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: Election Commision
Job Title: Seasonal Logistic Support
Salary: $10.00 Hourly
Assists with detail oriented tasks in testing and routing maintenance of equipment, supply packing, delivery of supplies and equipment and other election activities. Work requires attention to detail and a great deal accuracy in repetitive work.
Essential Job Functions:
Election Supply Preparation
- Packs election supplies according to prepared packing lists
- Prepares election supplies for use at polling sites
- Inventories supplies upon return to identify missing or damaged items
Election Equipment Preparation and Testing
- Tests election equipment for proper function prior to use in elections
- Prepares election equipment for distribution and use according to prepared checklist
- Inspects equipment and supplies upon return for damage
Polling Site Supply Distribution and Reclamation Assistance
- Dispatch and deliver election supplies and equipment to polling sites
- Receives supplies and election equipment from election sites
- Assists with delivery of additional supplies and equipment when needed during elections
Adaptability: Adapts well to changes in assignments and priorities; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; approaches change positively and adjusts behaviors accordingly; focusing on being part of the solution.
Action Oriented: Consistently maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustains long working hours when necessary, works with vigor, effectiveness and determination over a sustained period.
Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through the appropriate methods and media for target audiences in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Ensures appropriate stakeholders are kept informed and that information shared is accurate and timely. Demonstrates good written, oral, and listening skills.
Detail-Oriented: Ensures information is complete and accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled. Follows process steps as outlined in standard operating procedures. Reviews materials to ensure they are accurate, clear, and concise. Performs follow-up to ensure quality of work product and/or actions are completed.
Reliability: Demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of the job.
Educational Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent, or student in good standing
License, certifications, etc.: Valid Kansas driver’s license. Must be free of Federal or State felony conviction as well as any misdemeanors relating to breach of trust, fraud, embezzlement, or dishonesty in carrying out a responsibility involving public trust.
Years of Experience: 6 months of reliable work experience
License, certifications, etc… Ability to type 30 WPM
Physical Requirements of Position:
- Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Kneeling. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
KDL Background Check and Drug Screen
Personal computer, scanner, copier, printer voting machines, Microsoft Office Suite, and postal scale
Usual working days/hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location of work: 510 N Main, #101
Pooled #s: 20006661, 200066662, 20006663, 20006665, 20006666
The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
*Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
6/11/2018 12:00:00 AM
6/25/2018 11:59:59 PM