To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Academic Services
Job Title: OASIS Proctor (Academic Support and Information Services)
Salary: $11.44 Hourly
The OASIS (Academic Support & Information Services) Proctor is responsible for providing a secure and efficient testing environment for students of the college. Proctors must uphold the integrity of the testing center by abiding by the rules, applicable laws, and accreditation standards affecting the college and its testing procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
OASIS Proctor Duties:
- Administer and proctor a variety of computerized and paper/pencil exams or tests. OASIS proctors administer faculty tests, finals, and certification exams following the rules prescribed by the faculty or accrediting body.
- Maintain a positive, professional demeanor extending respect to all internal and external customers.
- Utilize a computer for administering tests, recording scores, and creating appointments.
- Coordinate testing schedules, manage appointments, and obtain materials for test administration.
- Process and file the paperwork as required by the assessment guidelines.
- Provide limited hardware and software troubleshooting, including communicating with the testing company for technical support.
- Enter data into spreadsheets and perform other clerical duties.
- Proctors are responsible for security tests and maintaining student confidentiality.
- Employee must be extremely knowledgeable of all OASIS services to help guide and direct students to needed resources.
- Provides backup coverage for all areas of OASIS.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Associate degree, or some college, required.
- Test proctoring experience is preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented and flexible towards change.
- OASIS Proctors must have excellent communication skills for working with faculty, students, and community customers.
- Proficient use and knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel are required. Knowledge of SharePoint and Blackboard, preferred.
- Willing to learn new searching methods and computer applications.
- Willingness to continually work on expanding personal skill set(s) to adapt to the changing needs of the division and student, required.
- Professional-level communication skills, including excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate effectively with others in arriving at solutions to complex problems.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participate in a minimum of 20 hours of professional development activities per year to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
- The OASIS is a customer focused service center. Employee schedules are adapted on a student and college needs basis.
Able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without an accommodation. Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Extensive data entry/typing. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.
6/21/2018 12:00:00 AM