To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: AA/Gen Ed & Health Sciences/Nursing
Job Title: Part Time Instructor (Adjunct Faculty) Short Term Health Programs (CNA, CMA, HHA)
The adjunct faculty member will provide instruction in the classroom, skills lab and clinical settings for all aspects of the CNA program as assigned. Work may include some Saturday clinical. Teaching assignments will include between 1-9 credit hours of courses in the field. Day, afternoon, evening, weekend, and/or on-line classes may be available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relates to students in a professional manner that demonstrates respect for the individual
- Reviews course content with administrator or designee prior to instruction
- Creates and provides students with a detailed syllabus which contains the elements specified on the College syllabus template
- Submits the syllabus/syllabi two weeks before the beginning of class
- Serves as an advisor for Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA).
- Meets with class(es) on the scheduled dates for the full duration of class time
- Presents instruction in a manner consistent with CNA lesson objectives and course outcomes
- Returns graded work in a timely and consistent manner
- Seeks student feedback to identify and meet student needs
- Evaluates learning in an ongoing effort to document student mastery of course objectives
- Performs paperwork related to the assignment, including completion of all required reports
- Maintains classroom environment that supports learning
- Submits grades by the established due date and assist the registrar in maintaining an accurate record of class enrollment
- Maintains records of student achievement in the event of a grade appeal
- Meets with Program Director and Senior Learning Officer if and as requested; and, maintains close communication with the Program Director regarding any classroom or learning issues that may arise.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook applications.
- Complies with hiring requirements of College
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exhibits professional, friendly manner to students, staff, administration, visitors, and others.
- Obtains at own expense yearly TB test and other immunizations or physical examinations as required by clinical sites.
- Thorough knowledge of the proper safety and handling of materials used in the field.
- Ability to manage stress effectively.
- Demonstrates professionalism and positive work ethics.
- Accepts responsibility and fulfills commitments while promoting collaboration between day and evening program faculty.
Education and Experience:
- Meets educational and occupational requirements of external accrediting agencies.
- Associates degree, required. BSN or BS if granted prior to July 2001 is preferred.
- Has and maintains a current Kansas RN license throughout employment.
- Minimum two years current clinical experience, one of which must be equivalent to one year full-time in a licensed long term care facility.
- Has and maintains Current American Heart Association CPR instructor certification.
- Experience in adult education preferred.
- Possible exposure to bloodborne pathogens requiring hepatitis B vaccine or signed waiver.
- Demonstrates hearing and visual acuity consistent with performance of job requirements.
- Physical requirements include lifting, standing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing and repetitive movements required of respective occupation.
- Demonstrates finger and manual dexterity required of occupation.
Attendance at regularly scheduled meetings and in-services, as well as at meetings that may be scheduled on an impromptu basis. There may be occasional travel between the College locations. Working hours may fluctuate based upon college deadlines, projects being undertaken, and the types of services needing to be provided. Invest the necessary time in performing all tasks necessary in order to accomplish assigned work.
6/22/2018 12:00:00 AM