Employer: Riley County
Job Title: Raising Riley Behavioral/Early Childhood Facilitator
Salary: $19.95 Hourly
RILEY COUNTY, KANSAS JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Raising Riley Behavioral / Early Childhood Facilitator
Department: Health Department Division:
Reports To: Raising Riley Coordinator
Pay Grade: M Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Full time position to work as part of a team to facilitate the retention and development of high quality child care in Riley County. Will provide consultation and coaching to early childcare providers, educators and families.
- Team with early childcare providers in Manhattan and Riley County to identify and provide interventions for young children, birth to five, who may be displaying behavior problems in an childcare or early education program
- Act as a resource regarding early childhood development with emphasis on emotional and behavioral health and the importance of relationship between the child and caregivers.
- Assist early childcare staff with appropriate referral information for identified children and families who may need more specialized services
- Facilitates the development of quality child care by developing rapport and working with Raising Riley enrolled providers in Manhattan and Riley County
- Become knowledgeable of, and facilitates use of, Make Parenting a Pleasure curriculum, the Protective Factors Survey, HOME Observation tool, and other assigned tools
- Acquire training and conducts Common Measure Assessments as assigned to include: Classroom Assessment Scoring System for Preschool and Toddlers (CLASS-Pre-K, CLASS-T, CLASS-Infant), Individual Growth and Development Scales (IGDI), myIndividual Growth and Development Scales (myIGDI), Ages and Stages – 3 (ASQ-3) and Ages and Stages Social Emotional (ASQ-SE), and other tools as assigned
- Maintain certification in all assessment tools
- Document visit content, provider contacts, referrals and consultations accurately and appropriately
- Provide parent education implementing the Make Parenting a Pleasure curriculum
- Establish and maintain an image that is professional, collaborative, available, proactive, and responsive
- Attend trainings for reliability and certification as required for each assessment tool
- Maintain good and regular communication with caseload of families
- Complete facility visits to observe children and behaviors
- Provide required data and reports; submit required written reporting for grants in a timely manner
- Writes articles for, and assist with, monthly parent newsletter and quarterly provider newsletter, as requested
- Participate in emergency response health department efforts as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in early childhood education, social work, psychology, or related area. Practicum experience in child development and adult education, training, and consultation is required. Master’s Degree in Early Childhood is preferred.
License(s)/Certification(s): Valid driver’s license and good driving record
Experience: Knowledge, experience and a demonstrated level of expertise in the fields of early childhood development and early care and education with an interest in/focus on early childhood behavioral health and parent education and engagement.
Skills: Engagement, Relationship Building, and Collaboration with Families and Caregivers.
Observation, Screening and Data Collection Skills. Demonstrate excellent written communication skills – detailed, succinct, organized written work. Must have ability to understand complex oral and written instruction, ability to speak and write effectively, and ability to give clear, concise instruction orally and in writing, including written reports to local, state and federal offices
Conform to HIPAA privacy regulations specific to position held. The Early Childhood Behavior Health Consultant does not have authority to access PHI
Supervisory Controls: The employee and Raising Riley RIGHT Supervisor work together to set the overall objectives for this position
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Guidelines: The employee uses judgment in interpreting and adapting guidelines such as agency policies, regulations, precedents, and work directions for application to specific cases or problems. The employee analyzes results and recommends changes
Complexity: The work requires self motivated advanced planning and intelligent, rapid emergency decisions. The work also requires many daily decisions concerning such things as planning of the work, or refining the methods and techniques to be used to fulfill work requirements. Meeting and dealing with many individuals of varying interests and levels of responsibility
Scope and Effect of Work: The work involves establishing criteria; formulating projects; assessing program effectiveness; or investigating or analyzing a variety of unusual conditions, problems, or questions during and after critical situations
Personal Contacts: The personal contacts are with individuals or groups from inside and outside the County in a moderately unstructured setting (e.g., the contacts are not established on a routine basis); the purpose and extent of each contact is different and the role and authority of each party is identified and developed during the course of the contact
Purpose of Contacts: The purpose is to plan, coordinate, advise and educate on work efforts or to resolve operating problems by influencing or motivating individuals or groups who are working toward mutual goals and who have basically cooperative attitudes
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear from both ears; smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually normal.
Use of personal vehicle is required.
Must be fluent in English
Public Health facility is a smoke free environment.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if work is similar, related or a logical assignment of the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
7/5/2018 12:00:00 AM