To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of El Dorado
Job Title: Cemetery Equipment Operator
Cemetery Equipment Operator I
Full Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Pay Scale: $12.93-19.14 Hourly, Subject to on-call, call outs, and overtime. Excellent fringe benefit package. A pre-employment physical and drug and alcohol testing is required. The City of El Dorado is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/ADA. E-verification upon hire.
Position Summary: Assist in the maintenance of all City cemeteries.
- Follows a schedule for mowing and maintaining the cemeteries and other City properties
- Monitors supplies and equipment performing preventative and routine maintenance when required and insuring all safety standards are met
- Operates equipment to complete assigned tasks including, but not limited to, digging gravesites, moving dirt, setting markers and placing tents.
- Assists with carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical projects as needed
- Assists with snow removal as required
- Assists Landscape Specialist with upkeep and removal of trees
- Assists other departments with projects as assigned
- Works with customers to answer questions and explain policies and procedures of the cemeteries
- Utilizes the records database to look up lots and enter records
- Assists citizens in the purchase of cemetery lots and spaces
- Monitors and provides training for seasonal grounds crews
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience with ground maintenance required
- Valid Kansas Driver’s License. Valid Kansas Class A CDL preferred or ability to obtain within first 6 months of hire.
- Must be able to obtain Department of Corrections Supervisor Card
7/6/2018 12:00:00 AM
7/20/2018 11:59:59 PM