To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of El Dorado
Division: Public Works
Job Title: Maintenance Worker I
Public Works Maintenance Worker
Full Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Pay Scale: $11.59-17.15 Hourly, Subject to on-call, call outs, and overtime. Excellent fringe benefit package. A pre-employment physical and drug and alcohol testing is required. The City of El Dorado is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/ADA. E-verification upon hire.
Position Summary: Maintains and operates equipment and performs various maintenance duties within the Public Works Department including streets and infrastructure. Classification level will be based on mastery of skill and division needs.
- Assists in maintaining the streets, alleys, parking lots, storm drainage areas, etc. Assuring for a clean and safe environment and for positive public relations.
- Maintains all equipment assuring that they are in good condition and safe to work around.
- Assists with carpentry, plumbing, electrical, refuse, street sweeping, and mechanical projects on a limited basis as needed assuring for completeness and for safety for self and all others.
- Assists in manual labor and any other maintenance activities as requested.
- Maintains an awareness of the safe handling of all supplies and equipment.
- Deals with the public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Responds to requests by immediate supervisor in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
- Assists in the installation and maintenance of City signs, road markings, striping and delineators; paints street lines and crosswalks.
- Performs concrete sidewalk, curb, gutter, and ramp installation and repair as required.
Operating Equipment Activities
- Shows the desire to learn how to operate various heavy equipment, including but not limited to backhoe, loader, trencher, dump trucks, and bobcat assuring for safety of self and others, and following proper operation procedures.
- Maintains the equipment on both a preventative and corrective maintenance program and schedule and maintain daily log sheets.
- Must have valid CDL to operate heavy equipment.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience with ground maintenance required
- Valid Kansas Driver’s License. Valid Kansas Class A CDL preferred or ability to obtain within first 6 months of hire.
- Must be able to obtain Department of Corrections Supervisor Card
7/6/2018 12:00:00 AM
7/27/2018 11:59:59 PM