To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of El Dorado
Division: Solid Waste
Job Title: Sanitation Lead
Full Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Pay Scale: $13.38-19.80 Hourly, Subject to on-call, call outs, and overtime. Excellent fringe benefit package. A pre-employment physical and drug and alcohol testing is required. The City of El Dorado is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/ADA. E-verification upon hire.
Position Summary: Participate in and supervise the performance of the day-to-day activities of the Refuse Division of the Public Works Department including driving and maintaining collection vehicles.
- Drives collection truck following a designated route assuring for safety, accuracy, and compliance with traffic laws and departmental procedures.
- Collects trash, yard waste or recyclables from designated sports and places in truck.
- Delivers and unloads trash as the landfill.
- Delivers and unloads recyclables at the appropriate place.
- Maintains an awareness of the safe handling of all supplies and equipment.
- Deals with the public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintains the equipment on both a preventative and corrective maintenance program and schedule and maintain daily log sheets. Refuel trucks and add other necessary fluids, such as oil. Report and fill out any needed documentation for defective equipment.
- Provides supervision and leadership back up as needed. Provides problem solving and corrective action in an interim situation.
- Inspect trucks prior to beginning routes to ensure safe operating condition.
- Operate equipment that compresses the collected refuse.
- Operate automated or semi-automated hoisting devices that raise refuse bins and dump contents into openings in truck bodies.
- Communicate with dispatchers concerning delays, unsafe sites, accidents, equipment breakdowns, and other maintenance problems.
- Keep informed of road and weather conditions to determine how routes will be affected.
- Responds to requests by immediate supervisor in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
Performs other manual labor and maintenance duties as assigned including assisting other divisions or departments when needed.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Two years’ experience driving a truck or working in waste management preferred.
• CDL Class B (Must obtain within first 6 months of employment)
7/6/2018 12:00:00 AM
7/27/2018 11:59:59 PM