To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Butler County
Division: Department on Aging
Job Title: Part-Time Transportation Driver
Salary: $10.44 Hourly
Part-time: 15-25 hours per week
Position Summary: Transports elderly, persons with disabilities and General Public Transportation riders from one location to another in the safest manner possible by means of the KDOT vans stationed at the Butler County Department on Aging. Applicant must have a neat appearance and a sincere desire to work with the general public, especially the elderly and people with disabilities. Employee must possess a valid Kansas driver’s license. This position is included in the Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) drug and alcohol testing program.
Examples of Work (Essential Functions):
- Complies with countywide and department policies and procedures;
- Follows KDOT procedures for reporting accidents, drug testing if required, handling
emergency passenger situations;
- Transports elderly, persons with disabilities and general public riders in a safe and courteous
- Performs daily pre-trip vehicle inspections;
- Maintains a strong attendance record;
- Possesses a functional knowledge of the demographics of the service area;
- Ability to read and disseminate map and manifest information;
- Ability to load/unload and secure people in wheelchairs onto vehicles using different types
- Ability to use good judgment in emergency situations;
- Follows company safety and operational rules and procedures;
- Maintains daily trip sheets
- Write reports in coherent, legible manner;
- Collects fares, logs on trip sheets, counts fares daily with Coordinator;
- Ability to make arithmetical computation;
- Change destination routes as directed by Transportation Coordinator;
- Operate all job related machinery, equipment, tools and other aids as required, necessary, or
needed in the performance of these job functions;
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Job Title: General Public Transportation Driver
Experience: One to three years of commercial driving experience is required. Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills to perform the job reasonably well after six months in the position.
Education: High school diploma or GED is required; experience as a driver is required. Requires a valid Kansas driver’s license.
Skills: Must have the ability to work with and communicate clearly, accurately, and effectively with people, both in person and by telephone; sensitivity to the needs of elderly and disabled persons. Must have the ability to read and interpret a map, speak clearly, hear accurately, and interact courteously with the public. Must have knowledge of streets and roads in Butler County; must be highly organized. Must have the ability to use sound judgment in all road conditions and in emergency situations. Must have knowledge of equipment maintenance, thorough knowledge of safety operations, and thorough knowledge of procedures to follow in the event of an accident.
Problem Solving: Limited problem solving exists in this position.
Decision Making: Limited decision making exists in this position.
Accountability: Employee is accountable for fares collected throughout work shift. Employee is responsible for daily pre-trip van inspections, trip records, safety of passengers, and the care of vans and related equipment. Employee is responsible for reporting real or suspected problems with vans and related equipment to Transportation Coordinator.
Supervision: Employee does not have supervisory responsibility over subordinate personnel.
Personal Relations: Continual contact with the general public and service providers; infrequent contact with other county employees.
Working Conditions: Possible adverse working conditions exist in this position, including weather conditions in work-related travel. Dealing with dissatisfied riders is a factor in this position.
Physical Requirements: Medium work in exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally. Physical activity in operating lift and securing riders in wheelchair tie-downs
7/10/2018 12:00:00 AM
7/22/2018 11:59:59 PM