To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Pratt Community College
Job Title: Financial Aid Counselor
General Description and Purpose
Assists the Assistant Director of Financial Aid and the Director of Financial Aid in administering the work study program, scholarship programs, the loan programs, counseling, and federal grant programs.
- Financial Aid Counseling
- Counsel and advise students about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, costs, indebtedness, money and management and financial planning; individualizes information to the particular needs and situation of the student.
- Package students based on Title IV Guidelines. Sends award letters reflecting financial aid eligibility to students
- Review all Financial Aid Documentation and makes revisions in Powerfaids and make changes in awards based on revised data
- Collect and/or analyzes financial data on students to determine aid eligibility and make awards within federal, donor and/or institutional guidelines.
- Assist in the preparation of and presents information regarding federal financial aid, scholarships, employment and grants for various campus groups, high school students and parents at meetings, group discussions, workshops and recruitment sessions.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes on the State and Federal level as it pertains to Title IV Financial Aid
- Management of Scholarship Program
- Assist in coordinating annual application process
- Process and maintain Scholarship Agreements
- Assist in updating scholarship brochures
- Coordinate scholarships with other financial aid programs and communicating with other departments on availability
- Verify students eligibility
- Maintain listings of outside scholarships
- Reports as required
- Assist with Management of Student Loan Programs
- Prepare and disseminate consumer information
- Assist student with completing entrance/exit counseling and master promissory notes
- Verify student eligibility
- Process need analysis for loan recipients
- Assist with default communications
- Maintain student files
- Maintain computerized record-keeping
- Assist with Day-to-Day Office Administration
- Purchase order generation
- Receptionist duties
- Train as back-up for other office personnel to fill in as needed
- Responsible for training and on-going support of Powerfaids, as directed.
- Provide support for all areas of financial aid in the assistant director or director’s absence
- Other duties as assigned
Supervises the Following Staff
Assist in supervising work-study students
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
- Must be able to cooperate and work well with other FA staff members and director, as well as the PCC staff and faculty, and diverse student population.
- Must be able to handle students and staff in a positive, helpful manner under all circumstances.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must have general office skills
- Data entry
- Positive and effective communications
- Must be able to cope with multiple interruptions.
- Must possess the ability to keep FA information confidential within the FA office.
- Must be organized.
- One year human relations experience required.
- One year accounting experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint required.
- Experience working with multiple interruptions.
- One year experience with computerized account systems required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- College level coursework in Accounting preferred.
Position requires occasional evening and weekend work.
7/11/2018 12:00:00 AM