To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Pratt Community College
Job Title: Office Assistant-Student Services
General Description and Purpose
Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Must have a working understanding of the two-year college operation and the ability to interrelate with professional working staff; i.e., president, vice presidents/deans, student services personnel, financial aid, business office, etc. Must have sound organizational skills utilized in briefing staff upon their return of upcoming meetings or events (when needed). Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise effective time management. Must have excellent data entry skills.
- Serve as receptionist and point of contact for visitors, walk-in customers, prospective students, parents, and staff as needed.
- Answer incoming department telephone calls and take appropriate action as needed.
- Entry of data pertaining to admissions, enrollment processes, residence life and/or student records.
- Assist with enrollment, admissions, residence life, registration paperwork and processing as directed including EduKan, Self Service and course wait lists.
- Update and maintain student records and daily reports as directed.
- Assist with mailing of general information to students as requested.
- Clerical duties as assigned: data entry, typing, filing, telephone correspondence, bulk mailings and daily reports.
- Assist with enrollment and registration session and special event days.
- Assist with functions of the Students/Enrollment Mgt. division and departments as directed.
- Provide optimum customer service.
- Process documents needed to complete student admission, enrollments, residential hall applications
- Facilitate training and support service to internal and external customers related to enrollment management and student service.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Coordination and Accountability Tasks
- Assist college departments as needed.
- Assist the Director of Admissions &HS/CTE College Start as directed.
- Possibly work one day per month at the Wichita site location
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
- Pleasing personality.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong clerical skills including: keyboarding and data entry, word processing, database, spreadsheets, web based programs, and records management.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- High level of accuracy.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Work in a student-centered environment, possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Prioritize and display a positive attitude.
- Understand and support the mission, philosophy, vision, goals and objectives of PCC and a comprehensive community college.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Willing to work evenings and/or weekends when needed.
- Must be neat, dependable, have work initiative, work amicably with others and have the ability to follow directions.
- Two years office experience required.
- Two years computer experience required.
- High school graduate required.
- Associate degree in business, accounting, clerical or related areas of study preferred.
Work is performed primarily in an office setting on the campus. Must be able to walk across campus and access various types of buildings.
7/11/2018 12:00:00 AM