To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Student Services
Job Title: Student Success Coach
Salary: $18.75 Hourly
The Student Success Coach worksunder the supervision of the Assistant Director of Academic Advising to improve the retention and progression of students at WATC. The individual should demonstrate a commitment to educational improvement through ongoing attention to retention, persistence, and completion rates in degree and certificate programs at WATC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes Recruit, Advise, Banner, and other enrollment management technology to support recruitment, advising and retention of students.
- Assists in the development of defined goals for student retention, persistence, and completion that are ambitious but attainable and appropriate to the mission, student populations, and educational offerings.
- Assists in the collection and analysis of information on student retention, persistence, and completion in WATC programs and offerings.
- Participates and serves on assigned committees to champion student retention, persistence and completion initiatives.
- Assists in the identification of program and course specific retention and persistence opportunities for improvement.
- Works with Faculty, Staff administration and students to implement retention initiatives and track progress toward goals.
- Maintains a library of community and college resources available to WATC students in need.
- Assists with the enrollment and advising of students as needed to complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
- At all times, engages in and promotes legal compliance, policy compliance, and safety in the WATC workplace.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Familiarity with Banner, Recruit, and Advise preferred.
- Professional-level communication skills, including excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate effectively with others in arriving at solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Flexibility to work at different campuses based on students’ needs.
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Share necessary information with others in a timely manner. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Provide appropriate notification to supervisor for absences to ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet and/or exceed job requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participate in at least 20 hours of professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including evening and weekend work when necessary. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
7/10/2018 12:00:00 AM