To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Saline County
Division: Road & Bridge Department
Job Title: County Engineer
*If an email address is provided, all correspondence will be via email. Email notices will be sent from the address email@example.com. We recommend you begin checking your email for correspondence after the application deadline date. If you have not received a confirmation within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-309-5812 to verify application has been received*
Salary: 6,590.18/Mo Step 1 to $10,135.17/Mo Step 20, Depending on Qualification
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Will work closely with the Road and Bridge Administrator under the umbrella of the Road & Bridge Department to insure requisite engineering services as required by Law and other duties as assigned. Responsible for the overall management of the Engineer Division. Serve as County Engineer. Insure County roads and bridges are maintained and/or replaced based on a cost-effective approved plan. Prepare and submit requests and plans to the Capital Improvement Program for road and bridge maintenance and construction projects. Responsible for five-year bridge plans, ten-year Capitol Improvement Program plans, Local Public Authority Certification program, bridge inspection submittals to Kansas Department of Transportation and bridge load ratings. Involved in permits related to entrances and utilities. Responsible for design and certifying bridges, reinforced concrete boxes, culverts, grading and asphalt projects and road design and construction. Will work closely with Planning & Zoning Department on establishing base flood elevations, conditional use permits and other projects. Will work closely with the Road and Bridge Superintendent with preparing and administering the Department annual budget. Provide input to purchase materials following Central Purchasing guidelines. Administer Federal or State funded projects including road, bridge, safety and other applicable program. Serves as Local Public Authority project manager or assign duties as needed, reviews construction projects, supervises activities and negotiates agreements associated with right-of-way acquisitions. Either directly or through subordinates, assist with the management, administration and operation of the Engineering Division. Supervise engineering and surveying activities associated with the planning, location, design, construction, maintenance and operation of complex road, bridge, water control and other projects. Requires successful interaction with the public and County personnel. Independent judgment and action is required.
- Must have a High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Must be Professional Engineer. Must be licensed by the State of Kansas or obtain a Kansas license within the first six (6) months of employment.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related field. Three (3) years experience as a Civil Engineer preferred.
- Must have Local Public Authority Certification or obtain such certification within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Must have management experience, preferably a minimum of two (2) to three (3) years in a responsible position.
- Must have strong people management and communication skills.
- Must have good planning skills.
- Must have knowledge of road and bridge construction and maintenance methods and techniques.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be insurable under Saline County’s fleet insurance policy.
For a complete job description or additional questions contact:
Marilyn Leamer, SHRM-SCP, IPMA-SCP, PHR
Human Resource Director
7/20/2018 12:00:00 AM
8/26/2018 11:59:59 PM