To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: Pratt Community College
Job Title: Daytime Security Officer
Salary: $0 Monthly
General Description and Purpose
Responsible for enforcing all policies and procedures that are applicable to the security of the students, employees, and facilities of Pratt Community College. Assists the Vice President of Finance & Operations and other PCC officials with investigation as required.
- Responsible for security within and without the PCC complex while on duty.
- Ensure physical facilities are secured as needed.
- Maintains, updates, and retain necessary files relating to security.
- Assist students, employees, and visitors on the campus with auto troubles by contacting for service when needed.
- Provide parking lot supervision for large events.
- Provide security at PCC athletic events, fine arts events, graduation, or special events.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge in security procedures and laws regarding the security function at the Community college level by reading security publications and attending seminars.
- Complete security logs each day and incident reports as needed.
- Additional non-security duties to support campus operations may be required.
Coordination and Accountability Tasks
Advise Vice President of Finance and Operations of security needs and laws regarding security enforcement at the community college level.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
- Ability to work in an environment that requires variable hours.
- Ability to defuse emotional situations.
- Willingness to stand up to and face down potential violent situations.
- Knowledge of law enforcement procedures as they relate to apprehending and holding individuals suspected of violations.
- Knowledge of fundamental investigation techniques.
- Be fair, honest, deliberate, and equitable.
- Minimum of two years experience as a law enforcement officer preferred.
- Two years experience as a security officer with a campus security program preferred.
- Two years security experience preferred.
- High school diploma or its equivalent required, Associate’s degree in related field preferred.
- K.L.E.T.C. qualified (or equivalent) preferred.
- Position requires providing security to students, employees and visitors on campus.
- Potential violent situations may occur.
Position may require evening and weekend work. Other variable hours may be required.
For more information please visit: www.prattcc.edu PCC offers an excellent benefit package.
Apply online or send completed employment application, resume and transcripts to Personnel Director, Pratt Community College, 348 NE S.R. 61, Pratt, KS 67124. 620-450-2139. AA/EOE
7/19/2018 12:00:00 AM