To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Out of Class Testing Center Proctor (Part-Time)
The Out-of-Class Testing Center operates in conjunction with the Mary Jo Williams Comprehensive Learning Center. The Out-of-Class Testing Center provides the opportunity for students to complete exams at any time during the Center’s posted hours of operation. Specific instructions are provided by each faculty member placing tests in the Center. Testing Center staff supervises students who are completing tests, maintains accurate testing records, organizes files, and follows testing protocol. This is a part-time position; no benefits accompany this position. The position pays $8 per hour for 19 hours or less per week.
The Out-of-Class Test Proctor has the following duties:
- Ability to read and follow written and oral directions of instructors and supervisor.
- Clearly communicate protocol and test instructions to students.
- Maintain records and organize files.
- Visually monitor and supervise students taking tests.
- Confiscate any materials or devices not allowed by protocol or test instructions.
- Document any testing irregularities and report to instructor and supervisor.
- Maintain a secure environment conducive to testing.
- Maintain test security.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Test proctors must be physically able to sit or stand for extended periods of time as well as walk/climb stairs throughout the testing room. Test proctors must be able to speak and hear clearly in group settings and at a distance of 30 feet.
- Test Proctors cannot be currently enrolled in Garden City Community College.
- A High School diploma or GED is required; some college credit or an Associates Degree preferred.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Director of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Contact: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Emily Clouse, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Melanie Hands, Coordinator of Disabilities, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
7/20/2018 12:00:00 AM