To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Administrative Assistant to the Vice President for Instruction and Student Services
Role: To provide clerical support for supervisors and staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs secretarial duties including correspondence for the Vice President and Student Service Departments, coordinates scholarship process.
- Answers the telephone and transfers calls or relays messages to the appropriate person; receives visitors and may channel them to the proper party.
- Accurately answer telephone and walk-in traffic questions regarding Scholarships, Advising, Financial Aid and College Policies/Procedures.
- Assist students/parents in completing financial aid forms. Review all incoming documents for accuracy and completeness, scan and link documents.
- Maintains and updates accurate scholarship documentation and reporting.
- Maintain student services supplies and office equipment, including financial aid materials.
- Process staff waivers and other tuition grants.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Learn basic federal financial aid regulations and college policies/procedures.
- Schedule and organize work to meet established.
- Ensure that all correspondence is free spelling, typograpic and grammatical errors.
- Keep all assigned files and records current and well organized.
- Maintain a friendly, professioanl work environment and attitude when working with others.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized nd extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills: Work normally involves contacts with persons beyond immediate associates generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining infomration which may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the publlic (students, visitors or vendors) requireing ordinanary courtesy in providing assistance and information.
Other Skills: Good oral and written communication skills; Microsoft Office application skills required; typing skills of at least 50 wpm; must be able to operate general office quipment; may be required to do lifting of up to 30 pounds.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Director of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Contact: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Emily Clouse, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Melanie Hands, Coordinator of Disabilities, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
7/23/2018 12:00:00 AM