To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Abilene
Job Title: COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Salary: $42057.60 Annually
Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Position Summary: The City of Abilene Kansas seeks qualified candidates for a career opportunity as a Communications Coordinator. The position provides professional support to the City Manager and City departments, manages assigned programs and provides customer service to the public with an emphasis on coordinating the City’s information, communication, and engagement efforts. Responsible for conducting research, making policy and program recommendations, analyzing processes to identify efficiencies and support innovation, grant research and administration, meeting and event planning, and responding to citizen complaints, as well as serving as the City Manager’s representative as requested. This position provides a variety of professional experience for an individual seeking an advanced career in local government.
How to Apply: Complete On-Line Application at www.HRePartners.com.
Range: Ranges 6 - $20.22 to $27.36
Date Opened: July 26, 2018
Date Closed: August 17, 2018
Hours: M-F 8 am – 5 pm
The City of Abilene conducts background checks and drug screening on all potential candidates.
The City of Abilene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Reports To City Manager
FLSA Status Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime pay)
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Under the supervision of the City Manager, the Assistant to the City Manager is a non-exempt position under FLSA which performs administrative support and other specified duties as assigned. This position provides support to the City Manager in completing daily work, special projects, and technology services including social media and website content and other duties as assigned. This employee must be flexible to cope with a variety of changing tasks on a daily basis. Strong organizational, communication, and public relation skills are required and must be able to meet specified deadlines for completion of assigned work.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop ways to meet changing needs to provide municipal services. Prepare options and recommendations for consideration by management and policy makers. Develop operational plans and implement new policies and programs once adopted;
- Administer special projects, coordinate events and provide support to the City Manager;
- Maintain City website, social media and online citizen engagement tools;
- Administer applications and correspondence for appointments to City Boards and Commissions;
- Schedule meetings and appointments for the City Manager and City Commission as necessary;
- Plan and coordinate special events and meetings for city related activities;
- Represent the Office of the City Manager in public meetings and interactions with the public;
- Provide audio/visual support during City Commission;
- Answer public inquiries regarding City programs, policies, complaints, activities and functions. Relay information to the appropriate person or department;
- Assist with applications for grants and awards.
Ancillary Job Functions:
- Assist other departments as the need arises;
- Assist with the front office duties as required;
- Perform general clerical duties, including typing, filing and photocopying;
Education and Experience:
A bachelors degree with major course study in business, communications, political science, public administration or similar fields of study.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Not all inclusive)
A thorough knowledge of office procedures, formatting correspondence and computer applications is required. This employee must be able to operate computers, telephone systems, and other office equipment. The ability to read and interpret reports, manuals, and written instructions, and strong oral and written communication, organizational, and public relation skills are required. This position requires keeping up-to-date with rapidly changing state of the art technology and having the ability to use and implement technology in the provision of city services.
Work Environment: No adverse working conditions exist within this position. Working in an office setting with appropriate office equipment and computers is the primary aspect of this position.
Physical Abilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions)
Physical activity associated with working in an office setting is required to perform the daily duties of this position. Maintain physical and mental condition appropriate to performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include operating assigned equipment, transporting, installing and upgrading computer hardware and software; and sitting for extended periods of time.
7/26/2018 12:00:00 AM
8/17/2018 11:59:59 PM