To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Strategic Innovations
Job Title: Part Time Industry Trainer (Machining) / Off-Site Industry Partner
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties will be modified as needed; work assignments and schedule are based on the needs of the college & industry partners.
This is a part-time/short-term, project based training position embedded in an industry location, performing work on behalf of WSU Tech. Employees in this position are subject to all WSU Tech policies as well as those policies of the host site.
The Trainer will provide instruction and assess trainee learning in compliance with industry location’s requirements. Trainer will perform and pass a practical test given by the current contracted company’s welding certifier. Once the test is passed, and the trainer has demonstrated thorough knowledge of aviation welding and inspection, the trainer will instruct trainees in understanding of reasons for the requirements in AWS D17.1, BS23933, CSMP039, BS510(AI), BS511(steel), BS25272(Ti). Instruction may include classroom lecture, and facilitating group discussions and projects in the trainee’s work environment. Primary teaching assignments will include areas of expertise on-site at industry location with flexibility for day, afternoon, evening, and/or weekend training based on contracted company’s needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relates to trainees in a professional manner that demonstrates respect for the individual.
- Reviews course content with administrator or designee or industry client prior to instruction.
- Successfully completes the company certification process in order to be able to be a qualified trainer at their particular organization.
- Meets with class(es) on the scheduled dates for the full duration of class time
- Presents instruction in a manner consistent with company requirements, objectives and outcomes.
- Demonstrates professionalism, high customer service, quality training and continuous improvement in the delivery of training to meet the demands and rigor of the industry.
- Seeks trainee, and company feedback to identify and meet trainee needs in order to make them more qualified and efficient in the workplace.
- Evaluates learning in an ongoing effort to document trainee’s mastery of training objectives.
- Maintains training environment that supports learning.
- Provides on-site evaluation of welds and coaching to individual welders regarding techniques to improve quality, as requested.
- Submits documentation to both the college and the industry by the established due date in a timely and accurate manner.
- Meets with the Director of Employer Services and the Executive Director, Strategic Innovations if and as requested; and, maintains close communication regarding all activities, events and communications from industry that are necessary to sustain high quality customer/client relationships.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook applications.
- Complies with hiring requirements of College
- Ability to communicate with employees, management, other areas of the organization, in person, on the phone and by written communications in a clear straight-forward and professional manner.
- Current American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welder (CW) certificate required.
- Current AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) certificate preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years progressively responsible in welding inspections, full time welding-based work experience in aerospace industry.
- Teaching experience in adult education, preferred.
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
Working hours may fluctuate based upon college deadlines, projects being undertaken, and the types of services needing to be provided. Invest the necessary time in performing all tasks necessary in order to accomplish assigned work.
7/25/2018 12:00:00 AM