To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Ottawa
Job Title: Technical Specialist/Auditorium Assistant
Salary: $13.38 Hourly
Technical Specialist/Auditorium Assistant
Position Summary: The City of Ottawa, Kansas is recruiting for a Technical Specialist/Auditorium Assistant. Under the supervision and at the direction of the Auditorium Director, this position is responsible for assisting with all Ottawa Memorial Auditorium productions and events, which includes providing sound and lighting assistance for any group, artist or organization renting the OMA for a performance. This position will also assist the Ottawa Memorial Auditorium Director in day to day operations of the auditorium. Technical Specialist/Auditorium Assistant is expected to provide exceptional customer service and community relations.
Education and Experience: (Combination of education, training, and experience will be considered)
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Some experience or coursework in theatre or event management preferred.
- Light and/or sound design/operations experience required.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (not all inclusive)
- Strong communication skills and customer service skills.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Technical knowledge of theater and/or performance operations and service.
- Knowledge of the principles of sound design, operation of sound board and equipment.
- Understanding of principles of lighting design, operation of computer light board equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, crews, staff, patrons, businesses and the public.
- Ability to work under general supervision and make decisions.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety rules and practices pertaining to backstage theatre work.
How to Apply: Complete On-Line Application at www.HRePartners.com.
Range: Grade 06 - $13.38 to $18.06
Date Opened: August 2, 2018
Date Closed: September 2, 2018
Hours: 35 hrs/week, transitioning to 40 hrs/week in 2019. Work will require varying hours for event production, including significant night and weekend hours.
E-Mail Confirmation: After your application has been received by the City of Ottawa, you will receive confirmation by e-mail. Please check your SPAM filter or JUNK Mail. If you have not received information within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-229-3634 to verify application has been received. For additional information, contact Human Resources at 785-229-3634 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Ottawa conducts background checks and drug screening on all potential candidates.
Anyone with a disability who needs a reasonable accommodation related to a selection process is requested to contact the Human Resources Department at 785-229-3634 at least two days prior to a scheduled test or interview.
The City of Ottawa is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
8/2/2018 12:00:00 AM
9/2/2018 11:59:59 PM