Employer: City of Winfield
Division: Quail Ridge Golf Course
Job Title: Assistant Golf Professional
Position Title: Assistant Golf Professional
Department: Quail Ridge Golf Course
Reports to: Head Golf Professional
Pay Grade: 14 ($1305.73 bi-weekly to $1908.50 bi-weekly)
Under the direction of the Head Golf Professional, work activities include, but are not limited to, assisting in management of day-today golf shop operations at Quail Ridge Golf Course, promoting golf activities, programming, and marketing; working in the golf shop to organize and deliver coaching for individuals and groups, assist in organizing and running competitions. Ability and willingness to work long hours, including most weekend days, based upon seasonal business cycles.
• Customer and inside/outside staff training, relations and communication
• New golfer development
• Provide golf instruction
• Performs starter or marshal duties as needed
• Golf shop opening, closing, as well as, driving range and golf car maintenance as needed
• Oversee the care and maintenance of all the physical assets of the golf shop
• Assist with management of the golf retail shop, train associates, merchandise and present the golf shop to City standards and maximize profitability through pro-active retail systems
• Programming: assist with development of various golf leagues, camps, clinics-sign-up sheets, format development, pairings, handicapping, scoring, announcements, website updates, etc.
• Work closely with the Head Golf Professional with implementing the business and marketing plans
• Stock control and where required, assisting with the ordering of stock and services
• Personal traits: Maturity of character, outgoing personality, customer focused, good time manager, self-motivated, creative: thinks outside the box, flexible, effective and natural communicator, effective negotiator, strong presentation skills, logical thinker, pays attention to detail, uses initiative, confident and prepared to challenge, energetic. Experience and willingness to work with men, ladies and juniors/children of all ages and skill sets. Must physically be able to perform the job including climbing stairs daily and play golf
• Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
• Experience of working with sponsors and supporters.
• Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
• Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
• Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
• Learning Strategies - Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
• Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Management of Material Resources - Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
• People focused: Leader, able to influence, motivator, team builder, coaching and mentoring style, ’no problem’ mentality, positive, strong interpersonal skills - able to foster relationships with members and guests, with coworkers, service staff and other employees. Develop golf programs and services that foster a passion for golf, good sportsmanship, and support for Quail Ridge.
• Business acumen: Results orientated, decisive, plans and priorities, willing and able to deliver change, experienced and credible in the industry, in touch with current trends /issues.
• Personal traits: Maturity of character, outgoing personality, customer focused, good time manager, self- motivated, creative: thinks outside the box, flexible, effective and natural communicator, effective negotiator, strong presentation skills, logical thinker, pays attention to detail, uses initiative, confident and prepared to challenge, energetic. Experience and willingness to work with men, ladies and juniors/children of all ages and skill sets. Must physically be able to perform the job including climbing stairs daily and play golf
Qualifications and Experience
• PGA Membership preferred and quest for Professional Golf Management Program and Player certifications
• Maintain a high level of appropriate personal and professional development reflective of current and/or future role responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) preferred; and/or minimum of 3 years of increasingly responsible experience in supervision / management of a golf business / operation; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of budgets, services, and equipment relating to golf facilities.
• IT literate with experience of relevant software applications and computerized POS; Management systems/data storage; and tee time systems.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to walk and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to walk outdoors over uneven terrain for extended periods of time.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to operate a cash register and basic office equipment, golf carts, public address system, computer, and telephone.
• Ability to bend, stoop and twist to perform the essential functions of the job.
8/8/2018 12:00:00 AM