To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Augusta
Job Title: Administrative Assistant / Clerk
Salary: $0 Hourly
With direction from the City Clerk, performs reception and clerical tasks, providing administrative support to various departments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary point of contact for multi-line phone system; answers and directs incoming calls to appropriate departments and/or individuals; answers questions, responds to requests and resolves issues when appropriate; documents and distributes telephone messages.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments, and/or other functions; organizes reservations for training workshops; updates and maintains departmental calendars.
- Prepares, processes, reviews, codes, and disseminates correspondence, memoranda, contracts, schedules, forms, purchase orders, invoices, and/or other types of departmental documentation.
- Updates and maintains departmental records, filing systems, databases, and/or policy manuals. (e.g. logging fuel tickets, landfill tickets and recycling reports, maintains on-call calendars and vacation/days off schedule, processes work orders)
- Maintains the City’s vehicle fleet records including processing fuel logs, vehicle inspection reports, vehicle work orders, and scheduling maintenance.
- Coordinates with vendors regarding the ordering of parts, supplies and uniforms; tracks and verifies the accuracy and quality of shipments received; researches and resolves supply issues.
- Provide general coordination of City resources (e.g. trash cans, etc.)
- Follows office workflow procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
- Maintain files and records with effective filing systems, including alphabetizing and sorting.
- Supports various departments with administrative tasks such as checking figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper coding of invoices.
- Greets and assists office visitors; directs visitors to other City departments as required.
- Performs other assignments and projects as required
- Participates in committees as assigned.
- Attends monthly safety meetings.
- Abides by all standards, conduct and policies, as stated in Employee Handbook as well as federal, state, and city procedures and regulations.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Education, Licensure, or Certification
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Proven experience as a receptionist /office coordinator or similar role.
Experience, Specialized Knowledge, and other requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in use of telephone and email communications with professional etiquette.
- Prior experience in a customer service role.
- Knowledge of office machines, such as copiers and scanners, fax machines, voice mail systems, personal computers, and 10-key.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Reliable with patience and professionalism.
- Experience in municipal government, specifically a Council-City Manager form of government, is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – With or without accommodations
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with a multitude of requests and interruptions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, and occasionally stand and walk.
- Occasionally lifts up to 10 pounds.
- Has normal eyesight and depth perception, with or without correction.
- Hears normal tones, with or without correction.
- Has ability to work within environment described below
- Work independently and in harmony with other employees.
- Ability to listen, understand and communicate information.
Work is performed in a typical office environment which requires sitting for extended periods of time, reaching, repetitive keyboard motion, occasional prolonged standing, frequent use of telephone, and communicating with employees, consultants, and citizens. The noise level is usually quiet. Requires repetitive motion tasks, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching, and light lifting to perform the essential functions of the job. Requires the ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and constant interruptions. Must be able to occasionally leave the area for meetings and delivery of information. Must be able to work well in tense and/or busy situations. Must be available for participation in early morning, evening and weekend meetings.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
8/8/2018 12:00:00 AM