To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Augusta
Job Title: Street Laborer
Salary: $0 Hourly
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF WORK
Provides semi-skilled and un-skilled labor and equipment operation in the areas of street maintenance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work on crew performing general street maintenance.
- Operates hand and power tools such as shovels, rakes, jack hammers, dirt compactors and other tools to maintain asphalt, brick, gravel and concrete streets and surfaces,
- Perform work associated with snow/ice removal working variable hours on an on-call basis
- Cleans catch basins and acts as flag persons.
- Operates all equipment and tools including the backhoe, loader, skid steer, roller, and crack sealing equipment
- Performs minor repairs and adjustments on equipment.
- Performs minor carpentry.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Minimum one year related experience operating tools and equipment described in essential functions, preferred.
CDL Class A with air brake and tanker endorsements, preferred.
- Attend monthly safety meetings.
- Help other team members accomplish tasks.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment, as required.
- Abide by all standards, conduct and policies, as stated in Employee Handbook.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Skills and Abilities – With or without reasonable accommodations
Has ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as sitting, standing, walking, bending, climbing, twisting, squatting, reaching overhead, grasping, lifting, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling and handling of objects; is on feet most of shift.
- Has the potential of frequently lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Has ability to occasionally lift up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Has normal eyesight and depth perception, with or without correction.
- Hears normal tones, with or without correction.
- Has ability to work within environment described below.
Work under supervision and cooperatively with other employees.
- Ability to listen, understand and communicate information.
- Basic understand of math.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in work environments, performing a variety of frequently changing tasks.
The physical and cognitive demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions, including temperature extremes. The employee may regularly be exposed to fumes, odors, dirt, dust, grease, fuel, chemicals, toxins, rough terrain, dark or poorly lit areas, and wet and/or humid conditions. The employee will be exposed to mechanical and traffic hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; is occasionally loud.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the City of Augusta and employee and is subject to change as the needs of the City of Augusta and requirements of the job change.
8/9/2018 12:00:00 AM