To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Emporia State University
Division: Res Life & Building Services
Job Title: Custodial Specialist
Salary: $9.23 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Emporia State University after applying.
Emporia State University currently has Custodial Specialist vacancies with our Residential Life and Building Services teams, located in Emporia, KS.
If you . . .
- Take pride in the work that you do
- Are known for your ability to quickly and efficiently clean various areas
- Are a self-starter
- Have been recognized for delivering great customer service
. . . then put your skills and abilities to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, university environment.
As a Custodial Specialist you will:
- Respond positively and quickly to internal and external customer requests
- Clean public areas including, but not limited to, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, and classrooms
- Sweep, wet mop, scrub, dust, and clean indoors as well as policing debris outdoors as necessary
- Perform snow and ice removal when necessary
The Custodial Specialist:
- Is based in Emporia, KS
- Wages start at $9.23/hr and higher
- Is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package
- Multiple Shifts Available
- Ability to lift 30 pounds occasionally, and 15 pounds frequently
- Experience handling and using a wide variety of cleaning products and equipment
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and possess at least an eighth grade education
How To Apply:
Join the Hornet team as a Custodial Specialist:
- Submit your application through www.hrepartners.com
- (if you do not receive email confirmation, we have not received your application)
- If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, please provide a copy of your DD214 to ESU Human Resources Office, Box 4044, 1 Kellogg Circle, Emporia, KS 66801.
- Apply by the deadline: August 23, 2018
Background check required. For more information about the application process, click here. We regretfully inform you that applications missing any of the above items or deadlines may be regarded as incomplete and therefore ineligible for consideration.
Candidates will be expected to be able to competently perform the routine tasks of the position with limited supervision by the end of the probation period, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
Emporia State University values and welcomes the benefits of diversity, and pledges to current and prospective students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the public that we expect and demand the worth and dignity of all people be recognized without regard to any classification that might preclude a person from consideration as an individual. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Emporia State University considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.
Emporia State University is committed to maintaining a safe environment in which students, faculty, staff, and guests can work together free from all forms of harassment, exploitation, and intimidation. The University regards inappropriate behavior, unfair treatment or harassment of any individual to be inconsistent with its goals of providing an atmosphere in which students, faculty, staff and administrators may safely learn, work, and live. For more information, we encourage you to access our Annual Security Report for Emporia State University online at http://www.emporia.edu/right2know/documents/ESU_Annual_Security_Report.pdf.
In accordance with the Higher Education Re-authorization Act, Emporia State University provides information to all students and potential employees regarding its Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention programs. The content within the site includes information on prevention and support resources, health risks, university policy, city, state, and federal ordinances and laws, and legal sanctions. This information is available on the web at: http://www.emporia.edu/finaid/consumer-information.html.
The Immigration Reform Act of 1986 requires both identity and eligibility for employment proof within three days of employment.
Recruitment Contact Information
Post: Human Resources, Emporia State University
1 Kellogg Circle, Campus Box 4044
Emporia, KS 66801
8/9/2018 12:00:00 AM
8/23/2018 11:59:59 PM