To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Ottawa
Job Title: Water Distribution/Wastewater Collection Assistant Superintendent
Salary: $23.99 Hourly
Water Distribution/Wastewater Collection Assistant Superintendent
Position Summary: The City of Ottawa, Kansas is recruiting for a Water Distribution/Wastewater Collection Assistant Superintendent. Under the supervision of the Superintendent, the Assistant Superintendent performs supervisory and manual labor in maintaining water and sewer lines for the City of Ottawa. Responsibilities include installing new water and sewer service and repairing sewer lines and manholes. This employee is responsible for the operation of heavy equipment used in the performance of assigned tasks.
Education and Experience: (Combination of education, training, and experience will be considered)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of water distribution, sewer collection system maintenance, and construction experience.
- Must maintain a valid Kansas CDL.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (not all inclusive)
- Knowledge of water and sewer construction materials, measurements, and equipment maintenance.
- Ability to read blueprints and operate necessary related equipment.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of televised sewer inspection systems and other inspection methods.
- Ability to lay sewer and water lines.
- Ability to operate various equipment, including backhoe, trencher, tamper, jackhammer, cutoff saw, and auger.
- Ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships with other employees, City officials, businesses, and the public.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under general supervision and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
How to Apply: Complete On-Line Application at www.HRePartners.com.
Range: Grade 12 - $23.99 to $34.78
Date Opened: August 10, 2018
Date Closed: September 2, 2018
Hours: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
E-Mail Confirmation: After your application has been received by the City of Ottawa, you will receive confirmation by e-mail. Please check your SPAM filter or JUNK Mail. If you have not received information within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-229-3634 to verify application has been received. For additional information, contact Human Resources at 785-229-3634 or e-mail email@example.com.
The City of Ottawa conducts background checks and drug screening on all potential candidates.
Anyone with a disability who needs a reasonable accommodation related to a selection process is requested to contact the Human Resources Department at 785-229-3634 at least two days prior to a scheduled test or interview.
The City of Ottawa is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
8/10/2018 12:00:00 AM
9/2/2018 11:59:59 PM