To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Andover Public Schools
Job Title: Custodian
Salary: $11.56 Hourly
PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be submitted via the USD 385 Employment Portal. HRE Partners applications are not reviewed. To apply, CLICK HERE!
STARTING SALARY POSTED - ADDITIONAL CONSIDERED FOR RELATED EXPERIENCE
Purpose: Keep all assigned facilities clean, sanitary, and in orderly condition, maintains grounds, provides classroom and program support by performing duties assigned by immediate Supervisor and /or Building Principal.
Qualifications: Custodian must:
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend written and oral instructions.
- Must have a valid Kansas State Driver’s License.
- Be able to work in any and all weather temperatures and lighting conditions.
- Support District mission, goals, and objectives.
- Meet all job standards in a time sensitive manner as determined by the Director of Operations.
- Demonstrate ability to meet quality and quantity standards in job duties.
- Meet District grooming and interpersonal standards.
- Meet all District safety requirements.
- Have annual evaluation of performance by Custodial Manager.
Supervisor: Building Lead Custodian
Date: March, 2016
- Performs housekeeping duties which shall include, but not limited to, the following: sweeps, dusts, strips, scrubs, mops, polishes, waxes, buffs and vacuums hallways, stairs, classrooms, common areas, gymnasiums, locker rooms, and offices; empties all inside and outside trash containers; assists with periodic or emergency clean-up duties anywhere within the school.
- Performs facility and equipment duties which shall include, but not be limited to, the following: reports need for minor/major repairs to lighting, heating, plumbing and ventilating systems or equipment to Supervisor, promptly; maintains equipment which shall include, but not limited to: vacuums, burnishers, chariots, auto scrubbers, buffers and carpet cleaners.
- Performs grounds keeping duties which shall include, but not be limited to, the following: picks up litter and debris around school and parking lots; cleans snow and debris from sidewalks and around entryways; assists in emergency clean up or removal of snow or debris.
- Performs and assists in work order projects such as, but not limited to: moving, hauling and rearranging furniture as classroom or building revisions are made; moving, setting up and storing classroom equipment and curriculum materials; picks up and hauls and delivers equipment and supplies.
- Assists in cautioning staff about constraints in the safe use of equipment, facilities or property.
- Inspects for and reports the need for pest control.
- Follows written and oral directions for job duties; stays alert to and reports emergency situations; abides by District safety standards.
- Uses cleaning implements, equipment, machinery and vehicles provided by the District to accomplish job tasks including, but not limited to: sweepers and vacuums, scrubbers, buffers, burnishers, chariots, auto scrubbers and carpet cleaners.
- Manages job requirements with physical mobility to move from place to place (moves, walks, stands, sits, pushes, pulls, lifts up to 50 pounds) on a daily basis.
- Manages job requirements with ability; to perform job functions in a safe and professional manner.
- Attends in-service training activities for self and job improvement.
- Other job duties: performs minor repairs and adjustments; removes/replaces light bulbs; performs lunchroom custodial services; assists with set up and break down for events; assists with equipment storage; assists teachers with recycling projects.
- Will work in any and all weather-temperatures and lighting conditions under which the job must be performed. May be required to wear protective equipment, which shall include, but not limited to: gloves for exposure control under limited circumstances; foot wear to limit exposure to slippery surfaces.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment: Year round position. 40 hour work week or as established by the Board. Schedules or shifts may be altered depending upon the critical nature or emergency circumstances of the job. Work hours will be determined as required by conditions. Vacation and sick day allowances included in District Personnel Policy.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy as stated in the Classified Handbook.
8/18/2018 12:00:00 AM