To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Director of Human Resources
To direct the management and development of personnel. Coordinate human resource programs and services.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible to assure personnel policies and practices of the College are in compliance with the laws and regulations of the Federal and state governments with other applicable regulatory agencies, and to assure that such policies and procedure are properly documented, disseminated, and applied in a timely manner.
- Develops and implements personnel policies and procedures in personnel administration, recruitment/staffing, training, compensation/benefits, performance management, employee relations, and health/safety.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of personnel data required for internal management and for reports to and surveys of external agencies.
- Directs the college's employment services including; evaluating positions, posting vacancies, maintaining a list of vacancies, and assisting with interviewing.
- Sets HR departmental goals and directs achievements. Review department procedures to ensure smooth and expeditious workflow.
- Serves on, or chairs, college task forces or committees including the Administrative Team. Other duties as assigned.
- Remain apprised, informed and educated about HR issues, laws and regulatory changes that may impact the college.
- Maintain systems to ensure functionality of the HR administrative database.
- Ensure that all human resource programs and actions are in compliance with organizational policies and relevant regulations.
- Improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the organization's human resources through training and development programs.
- To maintain all personnel files, records and reports.
Knowledge & Skills:
Experience: Two to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: Requires associates degree, bachelor degree in HR or related field preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job and a high level of interpersonal skills is critical to the success of this position. Work frequently involves contacts requiring considerable discussion of problems, material presentations, and resolving issues impacting departments or divisions.
Other Skills: Three years’ experience supervising others and five years’ experience in a human resources management role preferred. Previous director level experience preferred. Two years’ experience in higher education desired. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are necessary. HR Certification preferred.
Physical Requirements: The work is mostly sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, driving an automobile, etc. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Work Environment: Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
Assignment: Reports to the President.
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience.
Apply: Position will remain open until filled.
Starting Date: As soon as possible after selection.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position
- Personal resume
- Complete an online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Human Resources Office by the individual providing the reference
CONTACT: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-0362.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Melanie Hands, Accommodations Coordinator, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
9/6/2018 12:00:00 AM