To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Oxford
Division: PUBLIC WORKS
Job Title: UTILITY MAINTENANCE PERSONNEL I
Salary: $0 Hourly
Under the supervision of the Utility Maintenance Superintendent and/or Assistance Utility Maintenance Superintendent, the Utility Maintenance Personnel I will perform skilled and semi-skilled work in maintaining the City’s water supply, electric service, sewer lines, parks and streets. The duties of this position include reading all electric and water meters monthly, maintaining the water wells and distribution lines, operation and maintenance of the electric generators and electric distribution lines, maintaining the sewer lines and sewer lagoons, mowing city property, repairing and maintaining streets. Assignments are carried out following prescribed policies and procedures. Hourly wage/salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
DUTIES TO PERFORM
- Read water and electric meters, and report needed repairs;
- Install new water meters and service;
- Repair and replace water lines;
- Install new water and electric distribution lines;
- Maintain chemical balance of water wells;
- Complete state required water tests;
- Maintain sewer lift station, sewer mains and sewer lagoons;
- Maintain and repair streets;
- Repair and replace street signs;
- Maintain and repair city owned public lighting;
- Snow and ice removal;
- Maintain and repair all city owned equipment;
- Locate and flag water, electric and sewer service lines;
- Clean and mow all city owned property;
- Operate back how, road grader, tractor, mowers, pole truck, bucket truck, and power and hand tools;
- Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required by the Utility Superintendent and/or the Mayor.
Experience: One (1) to three (3) years of public works experience is preferred. Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills to perform the job reasonably well after six (6) months in the position. Employee is required to obtain a Class I Sewer Certification and a Class II Water Certification within two (2) years of employment.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license.
SKILLS: Knowledge of chemical usage and dosage required for water treatment. Knowledge of equipment repair and maintenance. Knowledge of electrical distribution and power. The ability to operate a backhoe, road grader, tractor, dump truck, sewer machines, mowers, aerial trucks, power and hand tools, and other related equipment.
SUPERVISION: Supervision is provided by the Utility Maintenance Superintendent, Assistant Utility Maintenance Superintendent and job related decisions are occasionally reviewed. Employee does not have supervisory responsibility over other subordinate personnel.
PERSONAL RELATIONS: Continual contact with other City departments and the general public.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Manual labor is a factor in this position. Adverse weather and working with chemicals are factors in this position.
The City of Oxford is an Equal Opportunity Employer
9/13/2018 12:00:00 AM