Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: Information Technology Services
Job Title: ERP Business Analyst
Salary: $65738.40 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Responsible for management and development of several ERP systems; Performs system and user administration, configuration, development and enhancements based on organizational and user needs. Direct support of end users and the ERP business applications and processes they use. Has a high degree of interaction with county management, county staff, vendors, and consultants, as well as being an integral part of the ERP and Information Technology teams assisting co-workers and colleagues to deliver exceptional customer service and performance.
Essential Job Functions:
Provide FI/CO/MM/SRM/MDM functional support to end users
- Monitor incoming requests of end users identifying issues, problems and inefficiencies of all SAP Financial MM, Purchasing modules and interfaces. Work with end users, internal ERP support staff and others as needed to coordinate resolution in a timely manner
- Break/fix and non-project adjustments should be completed in less than 30 days (annual percentage exceeding 30 days should be less than 25%)
- Accurate accounting of time (ROI should be consistently above 50%)
- Accurate documentation of resolution detail maintained in the HEAT system (“complete” is not a resolution)
Lead ERP projects for FI
- Creation and maintenance of ERP/FI worklog
- Successful and timely completion of projects
- Development of new user procedures where appropriate
- Projects clearly defined with scope, deliverables, tasks, milestones and timelines
- Stakeholders are engaged and active in the project process
- Projects should be documented in HEAT and updated frequently including assignment time and project status
- Appropriate and accurate maintenance of project documentation
- Departmental and stakeholder communication occurring frequently
- Project status regularly reviewed
- Projects completed on schedule
Educate users on available information, processes, and functionality of the SAP system.
- Be a lead resource for FI/CO/MM/SRM/MDM customer interaction, demonstration, project management, report building, training, presentation and promotion
- Stay current with SAP software developments, enhancements and versions
- Through the role of Project Manager, work with departments, ERP staff and other ITS personnel to expand the use and functionality of SAP system applications
- Seek out and investigate opportunities to improve efficiency in business processes leveraging the ERP systems
- Support and oversight of all ERP team financial initiatives
Initiative: Takes action without being asked or required to. Achieves goals beyond job requirements. Identifies opportunities and issues, and proactively acts and follows through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Actively seeks and identifies opportunities to contribute to and achieve goals. Maintains a sense of purpose, value, and ownership of their work. Seizes opportunities when they arise. Works independently with little direction.
Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through the appropriate methods and media for target audiences in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Ensures appropriate stakeholders are kept informed and that information shared is accurate and timely. Demonstrates good written, oral, and listening skills.
Change Management: Understands the need for change and helps plan for and accommodate it as creatively and positively as possible. Is flexible and open to new ideas and encourages others to value change.
Problem Solving: Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, and understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
Detail Oriented: Ensures information is complete and accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled. Follows process steps as outlined in standard operating procedures. Reviews materials to ensure they are accurate, clear, and concise. Performs follow-up to ensure quality of work product and/or actions are completed.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Management Information Systems or a related field or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies.
Years of Experience: Six years of progressively responsible experience in enterprise resource planning, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies.
Educational Requirements: Master’s Degree
Years of Experience: Ten years
Physical Requirements of Position:
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Normal ITSS background checks. Normal hiring process drug screen.
Routine office equipment: computer, software, phone, printer, scanner, etc.
Usual working days/hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location of work: Munger Building / 538 N Main
*Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
9/13/2018 12:00:00 AM
11/13/2018 11:59:59 PM