Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Residential Appraiser
Salary: $16.761 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Residential Appraisers are responsible for discovery, listing and valuation of residential real property parcels in Sedgwick County. This is accomplished through properly applied mass appraisal techniques in accordance with State of Kansas Statutes and the Kansas Department of Revenue, Division of Property Valuation (PVD), directives and guidelines and must adhere to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices (USPAP).
Essential Job Functions:
Data collection and Orion database maintenance of residential real property characteristics.
- Performs review of property characteristics for maintenance cycle using imaging technologies. These characteristics include but are not limited to: Property address, land use, property factors, land types, dwelling information, sketching of improvements, photos of improvements, and the collection/verification of all associated residential buildings.
- Perform on-site inspections to verify property characteristics for maintenance cycle.
- Perform on-site inspections to verify property characteristic changes on open building permits.
Conduct valuation appeal meetings
- Conduct informal and payment under protest appeals with property owners and property owner representatives.
- Be able to work the appeals on the schedule in a timely manner, keeping up with demand but maintaining a quality work product.
- Conduct field checks that were a result of a Payment Under Protest Meetings with property owners or property owner representatives.
Annually assign appraised values for residential real property
- Develop a final opinion of market value for each parcel of property as assigned using required spreadsheets and/or other tools provided.
- Reconcile final value estimates by reviewing various approaches to value.
Customer Focus/Client Orientation Competency: Makes customers/clients and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; makes a conscious effort to include diversity of input in all decisions; shows interest in and understanding of the needs and expectations of internal and external customers (including direct reports); acts with customers in mind and strives for continuous improvement in products and services. Gains customer trust and respect; meets or exceeds customer expectations.
Dependability/Reliability: Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
Detail-Oriented: Ensures information is complete and accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled. Follows process steps as outlined in standard operating procedures. Reviews materials to ensure they are accurate, clear, and concise. Performs follow-up to ensure quality of work product and/or actions are completed.
Integrity: Displays and promotes conduct and behaviors consistent with agency and governmental standards. Familiarizes oneself with the pertinent rules and regulations that govern their area of responsibility. Applies rules and regulations in a consistent, non-biased manner, maintaining an inclusive work environment. Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information. Guards the handling of sensitive or high risk information appropriately. Demonstrates sensitivity to surroundings and acts accordingly in conversations. Does the right thing rather than the convenient thing.
Teamwork: Shows ability to plan, schedule, direct work of self and others. Balances task requirements and individual abilities; organizes materials to accomplish tasks; sets high standards and well-defined, realistic goals for one’s self. Displays a high level of effort and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision and is motivated to achieve.
Educational Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent.
License, certifications, etc…Ability to successfully complete the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) Course 101 Fundamentals of Real Property Appraisal and Course 102 Income Approach to Valuation, within two (2) years of hire date is required. Must have a vehicle registered in the State of Kansas to use on a daily basis. Must provide proof of valid vehicle insurance with current coverage in the State of Kansas. Must have a current valid non-restricted Kansas driver’s license.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or will consider any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Years of Experience: One (1) to two (2) years real estate field appraisal experience.
License, certifications, etc…Has successfully completed the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) Course 101 Fundamentals of Real Property Appraisal and Course 102 Income Approach to Valuation.
Physical Requirements of Position:
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The employee is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
Ability to effectively use computers, a calculator, and measuring tools. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, Mobile Office as well as SPSS. A personal vehicle is required, and mileage will be reimbursed based on federal regulations and county policy. Personal vehicle must be registered in the state of Kansas, must show proof of vehicle insurance and hold a valid Kansas Driver's License without driving restrictions.
Usual working days/hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location of work: 271 W 3rd St and field work throughout Sedgwick County
Salary Range: $16.761 - $24.527 hourly
The employee is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
*Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
9/26/2018 12:00:00 AM
10/26/2018 11:59:59 PM