To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Lyon County
Division: Lyon County Highway Department
Job Title: Equipment Operator I
Salary: $15.00 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Lyon County after applying.
OFFICE OF COUNTY ENGINEER
500 SOUTH PRAIRIE
EMPORIA, KANSAS 66801-4482
(620) 340-8220 FAX: (620) 340-8230
Lyon County Highway Department Equipment Operator I
As a Lyon County Equipment Operator I for the road crew, you will maintain and repair gravel and earth roads in the Reading area. You will operate a road grader and numerous types of construction equipment and vehicles and be responsible for the proper care, inspections and pre-operation maintenance of the equipment. This position will involve occasionally responding to call-outs potentially at all hours during nights and weekends. Must be willing and capable of working in extreme weather conditions. The equipment operator I position requires a moderate level of problem solving, decision making, and people skills to effectively and efficiently maintain and address multiple equipment and roadway concerns. Other duties as assigned. Non-exempt position with a solid base pay $15.00/hr and benefits including, paid time off (accounts credited at 10 hours vacation and 8 hours sick per month worked), vendor discounts, health, dental and vision insurance and much more! We equip and promote exceptional employees!
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- One year of satisfactory operation of road and construction equipment desired.
- Additional equipment operation training or education such as technical or vocational school degree desirable. Equivalent combination of training and/or experience for heavy equipment operation accepted.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, machines and tools, including their uses, repair and maintenance is desired.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a Class B (Class A preferred) Kansas Commercial Driver’s License and must pass a background check, pre-employment physical, and work screen that measures various physical abilities and drug screening.
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
Serious applicants only need apply. Position open until filled.
Application and job description may be obtained at the Human Resources Department or online at HRePartners.com or at www.lyoncounty.org.
Lyon County EOE | Women | Minorities | Disabled | Veteran
E.O.E. – LYON COUNTY strongly encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our position openings.
Disclaimer: The above information on this announcement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employee assigned to this job.
9/27/2018 12:00:00 AM