Employer: Riley County
Division: Information Technology
Job Title: Records Assistant II
Salary: $15.62 Hourly
RILEY COUNTY, KANSAS JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: RECORDS ASSISTANT II
Department: Information Technology/GIS Division:
Reports To: Information Technology/GIS Assistant Director
Pay Grade: H Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position provides administrative support services to the IT/GIS Department and is responsible for providing accurate information for use in preparing accounting reports, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cost accounting, inventory maintenance, and other financial functions, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures. The employee exercises some discretion in carrying out work details and coordinating work with other employees. In addition, the position functions as the primary content manager for the Riley County website and social media accounts.
- Provides front line customer service, answers a multi-line telephone, directs calls, and receives complaints. Provides positive public relations with co-workers and others.
- Performs accounts receivables and payables; including preparing and reconciling invoices, p-card transactions, and entering deposits for funds.
- Prepares, distributes, and reconciles monthly statements, balances monthly reports, and conducts reconciliation for each account.
- Performs daily data entry and prepares reports as requested.
- Maintains lists and distributes information to employees.
- Maintains records and filing systems, scans documents as necessary, and operates standard office equipment.
- Assists the IT/GIS Director and Assistant Director by providing information, reports, or responding to requests. Provides for regular and predictable attendance.
- Answers questions from vendors regarding billings, payments, and late notices.
- Utilizes a CMS to update pages and/or content on the County website.
- Assists and supports end users, maintains AD user accounts, performs password resets, and unlocks network accounts.
- Maintains staff directory listings for the Riley County website.
- Assists departments with developing and publishing web content.
- Incorporates modern techniques to use Social Media to promote County information in a positive manner.
- Provides reports regarding Riley County website usage, Social Media trends, etc.
- Assists with supporting conference room activities.
- Develop training guides and provide hands on training as required with basic Microsoft Office Suite functions, Interactive TV’s, projection equipment, etc.
- Provides courteous helpful service to the general public as required.
- Assists with year-end inventory audit and the coordination/checkout of mobile asset tracking and inventory devices.
- Receives newly purchased items, acquires pertinent information, and enters the items into the countywide asset inventory system.
- Administers user security, account creation/deletion, section creation, and groups of the Riley County website.
- Ensures published content is current, accurate, and that all links work properly.
- Assists with clerical and other miscellaneous duties.
- Attends meetings, conferences, and training.
- Maintains work area in a clean and safe manner, assists others as needed, performs other duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
Graduation from high school and two years of university or technical college training in accounting and office procedures or equivalent required.
Possession of a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record at the time of appointment is required. Pass a background check successfully, and maintain a clear background.
Two years of accounts receivables/payables experience, receptionist related experience, and computer experience with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel are required. Experience with Website management and design preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Quickbooks is preferred.
Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, Internet usage, and use of Social Media technologies. Ability to learn and effectively use other software applications as required. Experience working with the public.
Supervision is provided by the IT/GIS Director and Assistant Director, through consultations and review of the work performed.
Guidance is provided by the county personnel regulations and instruction from supervisors. Work is performed in accordance with standard accounting methods, established procedures, and traditional practices.
Work is highly detailed in nature and requires many different and related processes typical of those relating to the accounting profession. It requires the ability to adjust and adapt to constantly changing policies, systems, laws, software, hardware, programs, and deadlines. Decisions on work schedules must include assessment of various methods of accomplishing work and meeting deadlines. Sometimes all information necessary is not available or complete, so judgment must be used by the employee to fill in the gaps to complete the work, and requires the ability to analyze the best method for acquiring the needed results. For example, when information is needed, quickly determine what resources are available to produce that information.
Scope and Effect of Work:
The scope of the work is broad and not limited to repetitive tasks. This position makes the Department more effective by performing significant support work that is assign by Departmental staff. This work affects the operation of the department, director, and other County departments. There is the potential for this position to disrupt or improve every aspect of the work performed. The work in this position can affect the County’s image, operations, and projects may be slowed or failed, services may not be well provided, and accountability may be lost.
Personal Contacts: Contacts are with vendors, Riley County departmental employees, County officials, other governmental agencies, business representatives such as consultants, and the general public.
Purpose of Contacts: Resolves problems, receives and relays messages which are often detailed, complex and sometimes of an emergency nature. Obtains, clarifies, or gives facts to other departmental employees, sales persons, vendors, contractors, and other government agencies. Receives complaints from the general public, which can be from irate or hostile persons. Consults with supervisors to set overall objectives, determine available resource limits, set schedules and deadlines, define the scope of projects, and to determine the type of work to be done.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a normal noise level.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to multi-task, work with interruptions, and work with limited supervision
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if work is similar, related or a logical assignment of the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
10/4/2018 12:00:00 AM