To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Garnett
Job Title: Housing Authority Maintenance Worker
Under supervision of the maintenance supervisor, the employee in this position performs a wide range of tasks including taking out trash, replacing light bulbs, cleaning of common areas of the projects, maintaining equipment, mowing in summer and snow/ice removal in winter.
Examples of Work
- Removal of trash from buildings to dumpsters;
- Vacuuming halls and lobbies;
- Cleaning stairwells and public restrooms;
- Painting parking stall markers;
- Maintenance of equipment;
- Snow/Ice removal;
- Responds to tenant maintenance complaints and/or requests;
- Cleans and prepares vacancies for occupancy;
- Responds to after hour calls as needed;
- Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
Experience: Must have wide range of general mechanical knowledge regarding heating and air-conditioning systems, vacuum cleaning devices, mowers, snow blowers and other maintenance equipment. Must have some background in maintenance/janitorial work.
Education: High school diploma required.
Skills: Knowledge regarding cleaning and care of buildings as well as some mechanical knowledge.
Problem Solving: Problem solving is a factor in this position. Problems include equipment repair.
Decision Making: Seldom called upon for decisions
Accountability: Employee not responsible for budgetary control of the department.
Supervision: Limited supervision by Maintenance Supervisor.
Personal Relations: Continual contact with other Housing Authority employees and tenants.
Residency: The employee working in this position is required to reside within Anderson County.
Working Conditions: Manual labor is required in this position. Adverse weather conditions are factor in this position.
10/5/2018 12:00:00 AM
10/31/2018 11:59:59 PM