To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Liberal
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Clerk
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK I
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
The fundamental reason this classification exists is to keep accurate financial records and to perform entry-level clerical accounting work. Responsibilities include posting records of collection, performing simple arithmetic computations, posting data to records of original entry, preparing financial summary statements, and checking forms for completeness and accuracy. Work is performed according to established procedures, and is reviewed or monitored frequently until familiarization with accounting procedures is achieved.
- Collects money from customers or through the mail for fees, rents, taxes, permits, deposits, licenses, and other sources;
- Tabulates charges for water bills, license fees, taxes, parking tickets, assessments, collections, rents, and other charges for billing and recording purposes;
- Reviews, corrects and classifies invoices for accuracy and completeness;
- Posts receivables to proper funds, appropriations, activities, and codes;
- Reviews details of receivables received by the City prior to audit;
- Reviews and selects the correct activity code and account number required before postings and payments are completed;
- Collects, prepares, verifies, and coordinates computer data that relates to customer's payments or vendor's payments;
- Traces lost bills using a computer database;
- Enters and retrieves payment data from computer terminal;
- Orders office supplies and checks invoices against purchase orders;
- Writes routine department reports and customer statements related to payments;
- Verifies receiving data in a computer system, and enters appropriate receivables;
- Completes receivable documents for payment of invoices;
- Picks up or delivers documents from other City offices or other governmental offices;
- Posts transactions to individual accounts, or other ledgers or books;
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic bookkeeping practices.
- Basic office terminology, procedures, and conduct.
- City of Liberal Privilege and Use Tax Code.
- Operate standard office equipment (examples: personal computer, adding machine, calculator, computer terminal).
- Work cooperatively with other City employees and the public.
- Produce written documents with clearly organized thoughts using proper English sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar.
- File documents alphabetically, numerically or chronologically.
- Communicate orally with other employees and the general public in face-to-face one-on-one settings or using a telephone.
- Make mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately (examples: add, subtract, multiply, divide, and use percentages).
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Office Environment; exposure to computer screens.
· Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for walking, standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time; extensive use of computer keyboard.
- Some positions will require the performance of other essential and marginal functions depending upon work location, assignment or shift.
- Some positions require the use of personal or City vehicles on City business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for City business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized to drive a City vehicle or if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Two years of experience in clerical work, supplemented by courses in bookkeeping principles and business machines. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
10/10/2018 12:00:00 AM