To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Information Technology
Job Title: Part Time IT Tech Coach (Student Helpdesk)
Salary: $8.00 Hourly
The IT Student Helpdesk Assistant will assist students with password resets, navigating WATC Websites and connecting to the Wi-Fi network especially from student smartphones, tablets and laptops. The primary work location will be in the college bookstore.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to WATC Students
- Assist WATC students in understanding the Student IT guide
- Assist WATC Students with their IT questions via phone calls and emails
- Assist WATC Students (bookstore customers) with connecting new devices to the WATC Wi-Fi network and connecting to WATC IT services using the Student IT guide
- Answer the Student IT Helpdesk phone number and call back students needing password resets or help with the Student IT guide
- Provide the IT Department with suggestions on how to better serve students and improve the Student IT Guide
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Be a WATC student in good standing
- Be enrolled in WATC’s IT Essentials Program or have completed CompTIA A+ Certification at WATC
- Ability to identify basic student IT needs
- Ability to interact well with a diverse campus population.
- Excellent organization and customer service skills.
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
Job attendance is required to meet the needs of the College. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate departmental needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting will be required. Extensive data entry/typing required. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Independent travel by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work when needed. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.
10/12/2018 12:00:00 AM