To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Records Assistant
Salary: $0 Hourly
Provides data entry and records management support for all students.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Records data by use of office information systems (word processor, spreadsheets) inserting and/or amending information as required. Assist with registration, provide information on student records. Process student transcripts. Supervise and train work study students.
- Assist with processing of certification rosters and final grades. Assist with reports.
- Assist with commencement exercises.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To schedule and organize work to meet established deadlines.
- To provide a professional, courteous, and friendly atmosphere to both internal and external customers.
- To ensure records maintained with zero errors.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Up to six months of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Work normally involves contacts with persons beyond immediate associates generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (students, visitors or vendors) requiring ordinary courtesy in providing assistance and information.
Other Skills: Two years experience in data entry, records management, and customer service required, as is computer proficiency (Microsoft Office preferred). Prior experience with hospital records, library cataloging, or other related experience helpful. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are necessary. Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner is required.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position
- Personal resume
- Complete an online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Human Resources Office by the individual providing the reference
CONTACT: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-0362.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Melanie Hands, Accommodations Coordinator, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
10/15/2018 12:00:00 AM