To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Pratt Community College
Job Title: Coordinator of Instructional Technology
Salary: $0 Monthly
General Description and Purpose
The Coordinator of Instructional Technology is responsible for the instructional technology systems of the college.
- Daily responsibilities with online delivery, maintenance, troubleshooting when necessary and consultation with outside organizations as needed.
- Ensure that the college instructional technology systems are operating effectively, are well maintained, and comply with approved institutional procedures.
- Provide support for instructors using instructional technology, and serve as a consultant to faculty in developing instructional uses of technology.
- Provide assistance to faculty, staff, and administrators who have instructional technology needs and in the use of technology such as: document cameras, LCD projectors, and SmartBoards, etc.
- Consult with and assist faculty and other teaching staff on the design, and inclusion of technology into both traditional and on-line classes.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends in the area of instructional technology and make recommendations when appropriate.
- Create and coordinate demonstrations of instructional applications of technologies.
- Diagnose and correct technical malfunctions and regularly monitor distance learning classes to ensure quality instruction.
- Research, recommend, the purchase of new instructional technology equipment.
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of all institutional classroom instructional technology equipment.
- Advise and recommend updates to the institutional Instructional Technology Plan including budget recommendations.
- Continually upgrade technical skills and knowledge.
- Provide technical support across campus as needed for classes, special events, video conferencing, and webinars.
- Attend and support major instructional events and activities.
- Assist with tasks in IT department as time allows.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Coordination and Accountability Tasks
- Dean of Academic Instruction regularly
- All users of department equipment and services
- College Start Coordinator
- Director of IT
- IT Department personnel as needed
- VP of Finance & Operations
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
- Understanding of the diversity of instructional programs and strategies of a comprehensive community college.
- Understanding of and ability to manage instructional technology resources.
- Ability to train staff and faculty in the use of instructional technology.
- Extensive skills in troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of a variety of instructional technology equipment.
- Project management skills.
- Desire to improve the quality of service provided.
- Understanding of internal and external customer service.
- Instructional technology experience preferred.
- Experience in curriculum and instruction preferred.
- Experience with assisting educators in using technology to enhance teaching is preferred.
- Previous experience in training or teaching is preferred.
- Experience is preferred with: distance education/online course delivery/video conferencing technologies and dvd/videotape based production techniques/web-based or web-enhanced delivery of coursework/on-line instruction.
- Experience with Blackboard or any other course management system.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Education and/or experience in instructional technology and design preferred.
- Various conditions and environments.
PCC offers an excellent benefit package. Apply online or send completed PCC Employment Application, resume and transcripts to Personnel Director, Pratt Community College, 348 NE S.R. 61, Pratt, KS 67124. 620-450-2139. For more information, visit: www.prattcc.edu.
10/19/2018 12:00:00 AM