To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Goodwill Industries
Division: Goodwill Industries
Job Title: Transportation Dispatcher/Coordinator
Salary: $0 Hourly
Coordinate transportation, trucks, trailers, and drivers daily activities in support of Retail and Contract locations. Available to assist other departments with transportation logistics issues, vehicle utilization, and customer provided services. Work with the other departments inside the Goodwill agency focused on the most cost-effective manner for services provided. To fulfill Mission Statement.
Work under the general supervision of the Warehouse & Transportation Supervisor & VP of Industrial Services
Supervises truck drivers’ daily schedules.
1. Coordinate daily pickup/delivery with trucks and trailers for Retail and Contracts.
2. Contact retail stores and contracts to determine transportation needs.
3. Coordinate with truck drivers on pick-ups for the day and be able to map out routes.
4. Maintain contact with company drivers and provide assistance with road, traffic, or rescheduling issues.
5. Provide continuity of coverage from initial communication through collection and transport and delivery of materials and donated items.
6. Contact, negotiate and plan logistics with vendors for salvage purchases.
7. Assure trucks & trailers are loaded and unloaded at all Goodwill locations.
8. Work with dock and warehouse personnel to ensure trailers & trucks are unloaded.
9. Maintain varies records and information necessary to complete job assignments.
10. Monitor DOT Compliance
Apply Online at: goodwillks.org/jobs
Job Opening Location: 3636 N. Oliver
10/26/2018 12:00:00 AM