To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Administrative Assistant -- Techinical Building
To serve as administrative support for the Technical Education Division, including the Dean of Technical Education & Workforce Development.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Serves as administrative support and office manager for the John Collins Vocational Technical Building. This includes preparing requisitions, purchase orders, keeping budgets, coordinating facility usage, entering the line schedule, and coordinating various types of correspondence.
- Assist Dean of Technical Education & Workforce Development with collection and maintenance of faculty correspondence, faculty reports, instructional records, scheduling faculty evaluations, and off-campus meetings/events related to workforce development.
- Assists with all Perkins activities on a regular basis. This includes grant preparation, quarterly and final reporting, purchasing, travel arrangements (trip requests, food, hotels, etc.), filing all Perkins documents, and maintaining all meeting minutes for Advisory Committee meetings.
- Perform other duties as needed as assigned.
- To provide timely, accurate, professional administrative support.
- To keep relevant information confidential.
- To maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience -- Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Education -- Associate's Degree required.
Interpersonal Skills -- Work normally involves contacts with persons beyond immediate associates generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (students, visitors, or vendors) requiring ordinary courtesy in providing assistance and information.
Other Skills -- Bachelor's degree preferred. Good oral and written communication, word processing, spreadsheet and database skills are required.
Physical Requirements -- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Environment -- Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position
- Personal resume
- Complete an online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Human Resources Office by the individual providing the reference
CONTACT: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-0362.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Melanie Hands, Accommodations Coordinator, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
11/6/2018 12:00:00 AM