To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Wellington
Division: WATER DISTRIBUTION
Job Title: OPERATOR/APPRENTICE WATER DISTRIBUTION
Under supervision of the Water Distribution Supervisor this position is training for the responsibility for the maintenance of the City Water Distribution system, including the elevated water tower. Duties are performed under direct supervision until such time that assigned work can be done independently.
- Operates trucks, tractors, mowing machines and other transportation equipment in the movement of materials, men and equipment in the course of assigned duties;
- Assists in constructing and replacing water meters and appurtenances;
- Assists in setting and replacing water meters and appurtenances;
- Assists in constructing and replacing water service lines and appurtenances;
- Locates and marks underground water lines for other excavators;
- Provides standby duty on weekends and holidays.
- Performs maintenance on equipment
- Assists with supply inventory’
- Performs routine custodial and building maintenance tasks such as painting, scraping, washing, mowing grass and shoveling snow;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Experience: Public utility maintenance or plumbing experience desirable.
Education/Licenses: Graduation from high school or vocational school or possession of a G.E.D. required. Ability to obtain a State of Kansas Class I Water Operator Certification after one year of employment. Possession of a valid State of Kansas Commercial Driver’s License or ability to obtain within 30 days.
Technical Skills: Mechanical aptitude and ability to utilize power tools and equipment needed.
Problem Solving: Ability to analyze leaks, assemble and install water mains and their appurtenances as needed.
Decision-Making: Limited decision making as part of the working group, however, when isolated on-call, must be able to decide when additional help is necessary.
Supervision: Receives direct supervision from the Water Distribution Supervisor. This position is not responsible for supervising others.
Accountability: Responsible for the City tools and equipment used in this department.
Personal Relations: Occasional contact with the general public. Must be able to tactfully answer questions or direct questions to upper management from the general public. Must be able to work well with co-workers.
Working Conditions: Mostly outside work in water and mud around open trenches, construction equipment and occasionally vehicular traffic in all weather conditions.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to perform various appurtenance manipulation, lifting, power tool use, climbing in and out of holes, truck driving and material dumping.
SALARY RANGE IS $12.92 - 19.28 DOQ, W/BENEFITS. , EOE, DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.
11/7/2018 12:00:00 AM
1/23/2019 11:59:59 PM