To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Strategic Innovations
Job Title: Project Coordinator, Business Development
Salary: $42000.00 Annually
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers.
Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers, who deserve your best.
The primary responsibility of this position is project management and day-to-day coordination of projects in the College’s non-credit Workforce Training department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the non-credit Workforce Training Solutions department, focusing on training and support related to the Wichita Business and Industry partners.
- Coordinates and manages development projects with training clients among local and regional business and industry sites and assessing their needs.
- Coordinates the logistics related to training delivery, including scheduling the instructor, reserving the classroom / lab or scheduling on-site training, and preparing materials.
- Approves time cards and manages the schedules of Industry Trainers.
- Communicates using proper English with individuals and groups, including orally and in writing. Public speaking is involved, including speaking to very large groups.
- Manages the budget and performs fiscal activities related to industry training.
- Designs, develops and implements market promotional activities for training and testing services using Mail Chimp and EventBrite.
- Supports the training and development of a qualified training staff by creating and implementing programs and processes to support.
- Supports day-to-day needs of staff trainers.
- Reports metrics related to the services and activities of the Workforce Training Solutions department.
- Performs extensive work with data and statistics, including the use of calculators and formulas.
- Manages contracts of federal and state funded partnerships that the college engages is to offer support to aviation and manufacturing companies across the state of Kansas.
- Travel by car daily and by air periodically. Some travel is to unfamiliar locations and some requires overnight travel of several days per trip.
- As a member of the Strategic Innovations team, an essential element of the job is assisting, with the other team members, in the overall operation of the Division, specifically customer service (internal and external) and project engagement.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred. At least 2 years of progressive management experience are required related to the duties of the position. A BA/BS degree in a related field may be substituted for 2 years of the required experience.
- A demonstrated ability to provide administrative support with project management experience, preferred.
- A demonstrated professional knowledge is required in each of the areas of leadership, workforce administration, training administration, public relations, marketing of services, financial management, and compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and agreements.
- A substantive professional track record is required demonstrating consistent collegial collaboration with students, peers, clients, community leaders, and members of the public.
- User skills are required with MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel.
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Focuses on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding and Dependable/
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including considerable work outside of business hours. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Lifting and carrying training materials and literature frequently, often up to 20 pounds per item.
Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
11/14/2018 12:00:00 AM