To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Derby
Job Title: Part-time Marketing Intern
Salary: $13.00 Hourly
100% Assist Communications Office
· Develop marketing material for Derby’s special event facilities.
· Manage social media accounts for the parks and event facilities.
· Write scripts for videos.
· Assist with event management and merchandise sales at special events.
Continually looks for new and improved ways of completing the above functions. Other tasks as assigned will be performed to address business needs.
Latitude: Most duties are assigned and then employee arranges tasks in order to complete duties. Most problem solving is accomplished in conjunction with supervisor. Some decisions not affecting other departments may be made independently in accordance with city policy.
Interaction: Frequent face-to-face interaction with employees throughout the organization and general public.
· Social media management experience, required.
· Photography and graphic design experience, preferred.
· Valid Kansas driver’s license, and driving record must meet commercial liability insurance requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Strong writing skills (marketing materials, social media, video scripts).
· Ability to produce accurate work products and meet time sensitive deadlines.
· Team player and willing to help wherever needed.
· Ability to operate office-related equipment, including ability to access and retrieve information from various computer software programs.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word software (Word, PowerPoint). Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software, preferred (InDesign, Photoshop).
· Ability to navigate the Internet for research purposes.
· Excellent communication skills sufficient to express ideas concisely and persuasively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions: Office environment. Occasional carrying, lifting, moving, or pushing of 30 pounds. Occasional bending, squatting, and twisting. Frequent use of manual dexterity and visualization of a computer screen throughout the day. Occasional comp time or overtime required.
11/16/2018 12:00:00 AM