To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Saline County
Division: Community Corrections
Job Title: Pre-Trial Program Coordinator
Salary: $19.34 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Saline County after applying.
**NEW POSITION FOR 2019**
*If an email address is provided, all correspondence will be via email. Email notices will be sent from the address firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend you begin checking your email for correspondence after the application deadline date. If you have not received a confirmation within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-309-5812 to verify application has been received*
Job duties include: Work involves planning, organizing, coordinating and monitoring the activities involved in the development of Pre-Trial Services Program as well as overseeing the operational and day-to-day activities. Responsibilities include training, working with treatment providers and development of evaluation and sustainable plan. Work is performed with considerable independence in technical and administrative judgment. The Director of Community Corrections supervises this work. Monitoring the behavior and movement of pre-trial clients reduces the risk to public safety and re-offending in the community, to insure compliance with the conditions of the referring Authority. Conducting unscheduled/unannounced contacts with clients in their home environment, place of employment, Community Correction’s Office and other community locations including searches when indicated. Being a physical presence and resource in the community, to aid in the deterrence of criminal conduct and the enhancement of public safety, thus aiding in crime reduction. Combining field supervision, case management and community partnerships to impact offender accountability by imposing a range of sanctions and services without compromising victim rights and community order. Directly coordinate and monitor all Pre-Trial Services Intensive Supervision Officers to include work files and approval of paperwork. Responsible for training, duty assignment and evaluation of all Pre-Trial Services Intensive Supervision Officers through informal performance feedback.
- Must have a High School diploma or the equivalent.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University in Sociology, Psychology, Criminal Justice or related field.
- Two (2) years experience in probation, parole, social casework or counseling, or equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, abilities and skills as approved by the Director of Community Corrections.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be insurable under Saline County’s fleet insurance policy.
- Knowledge of investigative and interviewing techniques.
- Knowledge of the geography of the City and County preferred.
- Skill in the use of a personal computer and related software.
- Knowledge of psychological and sociological factors influencing human behavior.
- Knowledge of State Laws and procedures that pertain to the Department and the ability to interpret social laws.
- An ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with others.
FUNDING: This position is funded by Saline County. Employment is subject to funding.
For a complete job description or additional information contact:
Marilyn Leamer, SHRM-SCP, IPMA-SCP, PHR
Human Resource Director
11/21/2018 12:00:00 AM
12/9/2018 11:59:59 PM