To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Saline County
Division: Appraiser's Office
Job Title: Field Appraiser
Salary: $16.67 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Saline County after applying.
*If an email address is provided, all correspondence will be via email. Email notices will be sent from the address email@example.com. We recommend you begin checking your email for correspondence after the application deadline date. If you have not received a confirmation within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-309-5812 to verify application has been received*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Conduct field appraisals of vacant and improved properties. Visit each property site and collect all required data for annual 17% recollect. Update appraisals records as needed. Assist in analyzing data to formulate estimates of value for appropriate classes of real estate. Maintain values to conform to statutory sales ratio requirements. Conduct informal Appeal Hearings. Assist in researching and developing detailed information relating to specific properties under appeal. Gather all information and complete a preliminary study of basis of complaint including validation of existing appraisal data. May represent the County at Small Claims and assist in preparations for Court of Tax Appeal hearings. Collaborate with assigned Supervisor in the development of land valuation models, index study, depreciation study and market valuation models. Conduct final review of properties and set values prior to mailing of change of value notices. Verify sales that have occurred in the County. Investigate the circumstances surrounding each sale to determine the validity of the sale according to generally accepted appraisal principles and Property Valuation Division guidelines. Conduct field checks to verify all property characteristics and subjective data fields. Update KSCAMA records as necessary. Photograph valid sales and download images to appropriate files. Meet with taxpayers and taxpayer representatives for the purpose of answering questions, verifying data and generally informing the public as to the purpose and function of the County Appraiser's Office.
- Must have a High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Bachelors degree in Real Estate, Business or related field is preferred.
- A proven ability to work with the public in a congenial and professional manner is required.
- Experience in reading and interpreting legal descriptions is preferred.
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints and construction drawings is preferred.
- General knowledge of construction practices and terminology is preferred.
- Successful completion of International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) Course 101 and IAAO Course 102 within the first year of employment. Failure to meet this requirement within the time frames specified will result in termination.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License, provide own transportation and will be reimbursed mileage expenses per County policy.
For additional questions or a complete job description contact:
Marilyn Leamer, SHRM-SCP, IPMA-SCP, PHR
Human Resource Director
11/21/2018 12:00:00 AM
12/16/2018 11:59:59 PM