To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Bel Aire
Job Title: City Treasurer
Class Title: City Treasurer
Salary Schedule: Hourly, Non-Exempt Range: Step 1 ($17.53) – Step 15 ($24.78)
City Treasurer is responsible for accounts payable, financial reporting, vendor maintenance, audit and tax law compliance and financial record keeping. Performs other administrative and accounting duties as directed.
Works under the general supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all aspects of Accounts Payable.
- Compiles appropriation ordinances for Council.
- Compiles quarterly Treasurer’s Reports.
- Maintains vendor information including set-up and ensuring required tax data is on file.
- Prepares and prints 1099 tax forms at the end of each year.
- Frequently interacts with members of other departments and vendor representatives to ensure payments are posted correctly and accurate information is on file.
- Maintains and reconciles bank statements with financial software monthly for all City accounts
- Maintains the City’s books by posting revenue & expenses through General Ledger & Bank Reconciliation software.
- Administers Purchasing Card and Fuel Card Program.
- Performs accounts receivable functions including, but not limited to false alarms, code violations, grey water usage, and any other receivables as needed.
- Attends seminars and workshops related to financial duties and responsibilities.
- Provides support to the Director of Finance and Administration and performs other tasks as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Prefer 2 years of related experience or any equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience, with additional work experience substituting for the required education on a year for year basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of municipal finance fund accounting, treasury management, revenue administration and budgeting.
- Must be able to operate a computer, calculator, printer, copier, fax machine, telephone and other related office equipment.
- Technical abilities included filing, typing, business correspondence, organizational skills, spreadsheets and computer business programs.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products.
- Able to multitask; work independently with drive and initiative.
- Capable of performing mathematical computations accurately and quickly with a high degree of accuracy.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain successful working relationships.
- Ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Provide excellent internal customer service and support to City Departments.
- Valid Kansas Driver’s License is required.
- Ability to be bonded and serve as Notary Public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Most work will be performed indoors in a typical office setting environment.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
I have read this position description and understand its contents.
Employee Signature Date
11/26/2018 12:00:00 AM