To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Student Services/Registrars Office
Job Title: Records Specialist, Registrars Office
Salary: $16.53 Hourly
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
Youare to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers.
Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The records specialist performs duties necessary to assist students, prepare transcripts and awards, maintain accuracy of student records and ensure FERPA compliance at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares transcripts and verifications of enrollment, grades, and attendance
- Performs data entry of grade changes, researches duplicate IDs, and reviews data accuracy of student records
- Processes all incoming student transcripts and scans and indexes documents in Extender
- Updates old database and conversion records in Banner database
- Supports Assistant Registrars with course creation, DegreeWorks scribing, and room scheduling
- First point of contact for students interested in credit for prior learning (including military credit, credit by exam, standardized tests, and prior learning assessments)
- Assists with degree audits for certificate of completion programs to certify student eligibility for graduation
- Prepares and mails awards for students eligible for graduation
- Assists with coordination of commencement activities.
- Ensures FERPA compliance in performance of all duties
- At all times, engages in and promotes teamwork, courtesy, legal compliance, policy compliance, and safety in the WATC workplace.
- Assumes responsibility for other duties as needed or assigned by the supervisor.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working in a higher education setting is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge and usage of Outlook, Word and Excel are required. Experience using SharePoint is preferred.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- An operating knowledge of Student Services software, such as Banner, is required within three months of entering the position.
- Evidence of good verbal and written communication skills and be able to effectively assist customers.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong organization skills.
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Focuses on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding and Dependable
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including evening and weekend work when necessary. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
11/27/2018 12:00:00 AM