To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Bel Aire
Job Title: Administrative Accounts Clerk
Salary: $0 Hourly
Class Title: Administrative Accounts Clerk
Salary Schedule: Hourly, Non-Exempt Range N5: Step 1 ($14.67) – Step 15 ($20.72)
Provides general support to the administration and utilities department. Performs routine clerical, administrative, and accounting data processing work for public services. Capable of producing and completing essential duties and assigned projects in a timely and accurate manner.
Works under the general supervision of the Director of Communications and Administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains current customer account files; assists with reconciling utility billing activities.
- Assist with utility billing processes.
- Processes work orders for utility disconnections, reconnections, new orders, and other public works service requests.
- Provides customer services at city hall by answering telephone and account inquiries; handles questions and matters of a more technical nature; responds to citizen complaints.
- Assists in maintenance of records and files.
- Performs various clerical duties such as filing, typing, and accounting, answering telephones, greeting and assisting customers and taking messages.
- Assist and cooperates with other departments as needed.
- Performs other related duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, public administration or related field is preferred but not required.
- Two (2) years of experience in administrative work preferably in a utilities department or banking experience or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- General computer operations, specifically familiarity of Microsoft office software.
- Office machines, such as scanner, computer, copier, and fax machine; and of office practices and procedures.
- Able to read maps, recognize directions and understand addresses.
- Proficient mathematical skills, in order to calculate fees, work hours, and sufficient math to complete reports. Ability to perform mathematical computations on 10 key accurately and quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; to establish successful working relationships; ability to work under pressure and/or frequent interruptions; ability to work with angry or difficult customers and to make quick decisions in dealing with difficult situations.
- Typical administrative practices and processes with local government offices or functions, or possess ability to acquire and put such knowledge into practice.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Most work will be performed indoors in a typical office setting environment.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
11/30/2018 12:00:00 AM