To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Ottawa
Job Title: Special Services Officer
Salary: $13.38 Hourly
Special Services Officer
Position Summary: The City of Ottawa, Kansas is recruiting for a Special Services Officer. Under the supervision of the Support Services Manager, the Special Services Officer performs clerical duties and parking enforcement for the Police Department. The employee in this position is responsible for processing reports and disseminating confidential and public records information.
Education and Experience: (Combination of education, training, and experience will be considered)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of relevant clerical experience.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (not all inclusive)
- Knowledge of office procedures, report preparation, and mathematics.
- Knowledge of all regulations governing security and access to criminal history record information and expungement.
- Ability to operate personal computer and related software applications and other related office equipment.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, City officials, businesses, and the public.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks.
- Ability to work under general supervision and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
How to Apply: Complete On-Line Application at www.HRePartners.com.
Range: Grade 06 - $13.38 to $18.06
Date Opened: November 30, 2018
Date Closed: January 13, 2019
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
E-Mail Confirmation: After your application has been received by the City of Ottawa, you will receive confirmation by e-mail. Please check your SPAM filter or JUNK Mail. If you have not received confirmation within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-229-3634 to verify your application has been received. For additional information, contact Human Resources at 785-229-3634 or e-mail email@example.com.
The City of Ottawa conducts background checks and drug screening on all potential candidates.
Anyone with a disability who needs a reasonable accommodation related to a selection process is requested to contact the Human Resources Department at 785-229-3634 at least two days prior to a scheduled test or interview.
The City of Ottawa is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
11/30/2018 12:00:00 AM
1/13/2019 11:59:59 PM