To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Ottawa
Division: Community Development
Job Title: Chief Building Official
Salary: $62434.32 Annually
Chief Building Official
Position Summary: The City of Ottawa, Kansas is recruiting for a Chief Building Official. Under the supervision of the Director of Community Development, the Chief Building Official is responsible for work in the enforcement and administration of all construction codes/regulations of the City. Responsibility extends to the examination of building plans before permits are issued, inspection of buildings during construction, and enforcing compliance with construction standards. The employee's work and actions are subject to general policy determinations of the Director of Community Development. The employee will review and recommend the adoption of all construction codes and ordinances.
Education and Experience: (Combination of education, training, and experience will be considered)
- College degree in Architecture, Engineering, or construction-related field.
- Minimum seven years of increasingly responsible experience, including two years of administrative and supervisory responsibility.
- Combination Commercial Building Inspector certification by International Code Council (ICC) required, Certified Building Official and/or Plans Examiner certification preferred.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (not all inclusive)
- Knowledge of international building, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical codes; construction materials and methods; and federal, state, and City regulations.
- Ability to deal with difficult citizens in a calm and patient manner.
- Ability to operate computer, multi-meter, and other related equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other employees, contractors, business entities, and the general public.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under general supervision and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
How to Apply: Complete On-Line Application at www.HRePartners.com.
Range: Grade 14 - $2,401.32 to $3,601.98 bi-weekly
Date Opened: December 3, 2018
Date Closed: January 13, 2019
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
E-Mail Confirmation: After your application has been received by the City of Ottawa, you will receive confirmation by e-mail. Please check your SPAM filter or JUNK Mail. If you have not received confirmation within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-229-3634 to verify your application has been received. For additional information, contact Human Resources at 785-229-3634 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Ottawa conducts background checks and drug screening on all potential candidates.
Anyone with a disability who needs a reasonable accommodation related to a selection process is requested to contact the Human Resources Department at 785-229-3634 at least two days prior to a scheduled test or interview.
The City of Ottawa is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
12/3/2018 12:00:00 AM
1/13/2019 11:59:59 PM