To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Saline County
Division: Sheriff's Office
Job Title: Deputy Sheriff
Salary: $17.00 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Saline County after applying.
*If an email address is provided, all correspondence will be via email. Email notices will be sent from the address firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend you begin checking your email for correspondence after the application deadline date. If you have not received a confirmation within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-309-5812 to verify application has been received*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Under the supervision of the appropriate Division Staff as determined by current job assignment, Deputies will investigate incidents to enforce law and order and protect life and property. Work varies requiring individual judgment following policy, statutes, prescribed standards and procedures. May be assigned to Patrol, Civil Process Server, Warrant Officer, K-9 Patrol, Investigator, Narcotics Investigator, School Resource Officer, Prevention Officer or Court Security Officer. Applicant must be able to provide credible courtroom testimony. Applicant must not have any criminal convictions (adult or juvenile) including diversion agreements, expunged convictions or sustained policy violations for any act of dishonesty or racial bias.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have a High School diploma or the equivalent. (College preferred)
- Must have a valid Driver's License and be insurable under Saline County fleet insurance policy. (If from out-of-State must obtain a Kansas Drivers License within required 90 days.)
- Minimum College education of Associates Degree in related field (preferred) or two (2) years of continuous Law Enforcement experience as a certified Law Enforcement Officer. (preferred)
- Must be able to obtain Kansas Law enforcement certification within one (1) year of being hired.
- No felony or domestic violence convictions including diversions and expungements.
- Serious misdemeanor convictions will be evaluated including diversions and expungements.
- Must be a United States Citizen pursuant to K.S.A. 74-5605.
For additional questions or a complete job description contact:
Marilyn Leamer, SHRM-SCP, IPMA-SCP, PHR
Human Resource Director
12/4/2018 12:00:00 AM
12/25/2018 11:59:59 PM